I'll Be Back - Part 4

Summary: Bucky is busy with his training job and someone keeps trying to get him to notice her. She happens to be a giant b*tch no one likes and who is mean. She fakes her innocence with Bucky but some aren't so convinced. Bucky doesn't think she's too bad, but has heard from others how she really is. They go out for coffees and drinks a few times, but is Bucky feeling it? Is he still hung up on you? There's a big surprise at the end.

Content warning: Language, prison escape with a bit of violence, angst/feelings, shocked Bucky

Training the new recruits proved to be a great distraction Bucky needed. He actually enjoyed helping them, giving them pointers, and assisting with their development which he never thought he would. 

Agent Simpson, or Laura as he got used to calling her was one of the top agents in the class followed by her partner Ann. He liked it when he got to spend some one-on-one time with them. 

Spending time with Ann felt like he was spending time with you, and he smiled at the memory. Ann stopped him one day after class and told him how she was sorry for his loss and that she looked up to you. He thanked her and was proud you had an impact on some of the new recruits. He did notice some of the other recruits and how they reacted to Laura. 

They complained a lot to him and Steve about her being too aggressive and mean and every time Bucky asked Laura about it, she smiled brightly, apologized, and went back to her training. Without anything happening right in front of his eyes, he couldn't really do anything discipline wise without having evidence, so he left things alone.

"God, he's so hot" Laura sighed to Ann who rolled her eyes as Bucky walked by smiling at Laura. 

"Can we focus?" she asked, and Laura snorted. 

"Whatever" 

They went back to training. 

Laura purposefully rolled her shorts extra high and made sure to bend and stretch whenever Bucky was around in the hopes that he would somehow notice her. To Ann she just looked crazy and desperate. Ann thought Laura was rude and pushy, always making smart remarks to the other agents and putting people down and it wasn't getting any better. Sometimes it was a bit much to be her partner and she was embarrassed because of her behaviour. 

She repeatedly asked Steve and Bucky to switch partners or to train alone, but they didn't allow it. 

"Agent Simpson, can you come here?" asked Bucky and Laura eagerly bounced over to him. 

"Hi Bucky" she said patting his arm. 

Bucky gave her a tight smile. 

"Laura...I noticed some of your leg kicks are a bit off. Would you like some help with them? I can teach you a little, you know, after class" Bucky said, and Laura beamed her eyes at him. 

"I'd like that" she said, twirling a piece of her hair around her fingers. 

Bucky smiled to be polite. 

"Today then, after class" he said, and she smiled. 

"Of course," she said and went back to Ann. 

Bucky blushed a little and continued, helping with the group.

Laura bounded back to Ann and whispered "I have a private one-on-one with Bucky after. Wants to help me with my kicks" Laura said. 

"Oh?" replied Ann, looking over at Bucky. 

She wasn't sure what was going on, but she didn't like it. 

She wanted to see Bucky happy again, but Laura was in all honesty, a bitch and Bucky didn't need that in his life. Laura was purposefully letting her kicks slide knowing Bucky would be watching.