Your Lists

Avengers Bucky

Summary: You make lists every month and try to accomplish what's on them. Bucky finds out and helps you with the new list you make.

Content Warning: Language, playful Bucky, sweet Bucky, a mind-blowing kiss, fluff

A/N - there's a small bit in here that is an ode to one of my favourite TV shows ever.

You sat on the large comfortable couch in the lounge with your notebook, scribbling away, adding, and removing things from your new list. You put down your pen and studied the paper in thought when you felt someone sit next to you. 

"Hey" came the deep yet soft voice of your mission partner Bucky. 

"Hey" you quietly said, not looking up from the notebook. 

You could feel Bucky watching everything you did, and it made you slightly uncomfortable as you sat under his intense gaze. 

"What are you doing?" he finally asked, breaking the silence.

He looked from you to the page, then back to your face. You tensed up a little and felt embarrassed. You blushed a little before closing the book. Your last bullet point you hastily added before he sat down was embarrassing and you really didn't want him seeing it.

"Oh, nothing much"

"Didn't look like much" he nudged your arm. 

"It's just a list" 

God, why did he have to sit so close. It's bad enough he's my partner, now lately, he's been seeking me out on his own, outside of missions and training. But why? 

You developed a crush on him the moment you both went on your first mission together and were trying to talk yourself out of it when you returned. There was no way you could have a crush on your mission partner. 

You had asked around to try to switch partners because you didn't want your crush getting in the way of things, but no one was available, so you were stuck with Bucky and your crush on him.

"You gonna share with me what's on that list dollface?" Bucky whispered and your face went red at the nickname. 

Damn him. 

"Well..." you looked at your notebook then back at Bucky. 

Bucky never gave you a reason not to trust him. He was quiet, kept to himself, hung out with Steve and Sam, but was mainly alone. 

"It's silly really" 

You held the journal close to your chest. 

"Can't be that silly if you're scribbling away at it" 

You glanced between the book and Bucky figuring you may as well tell him. 

"Well...I have a list...a personal to-do list if you will"

Bucky sat and listened intently to you.

"Some people may think it's silly, but I start a new list every month and try to accomplish the tasks on it. It's a way I can take my mind off things here, you know, still feel like a normal person?"

"What's on it? Or is that a secret" teased Bucky and you blushed again. 

Damn this man.

"Well..." you flipped through your book and showed him last months list. 

"Here" you pointed to it and Bucky looked it over. 

You had things on it like ride a bike through the woods, go fishing with Sam, try real sushi, read and finish three books, and go roller skating.