Chapter 1

In this FF I would like to address some topics that are important in today's society. Topics that have always existed, but have become more extreme in today's world.

I won't say exactly what it's about so that you won't be spoiled, or you may already recognize it from the blurb. Nevertheless, I would like to ask you to only read this FF, like some others, if you can cope with a lot of it.

I would also like to recommend suitable Netflix series, which also deal with all these topics in the FF and even gave me the ideas for the story.

Netflix series: "My ID is Gangnam Beauty" and "Meteor Garden"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Hey, girl, come closer to the camera!" shouted the photographer who was to take today's class photo. The students, who were standing together, turned their heads slightly to look at the girl, who was hiding slightly behind them by the tree.

Her hair was in her face, while her head was tilted slightly downwards. Unsure whether she should approach, many small conversations could be heard. Two girls in particular could be heard clearly. Girls who looked incredibly pretty.

"She's probably hiding because she's ashamed of her looks." one of them said quietly, causing her friend to smile slightly and even suppress her laughter. "I'm sure she is."

Uncertainty spread through the young girl, who had hoped that things would go better at middle school. Even in elementary school, there were children who had talked about her. Now she heard that it would probably be just like before.

"Come closer." said the photographer and soon ran out of patience as he had more classes to photograph. Slowly and not exactly happily, the girl walked a little closer to the back row.

She let her hair fall further in front of her face so that it wouldn't be visible in the photo. She didn't want people to laugh at her appearance. She didn't want people to know who she was. It would be enough for her class to get her down.

"And now please smile, everyone." asked the man who had shown the middle school student how to do it. Smile? For what? It was all just an act. At least with her.

She still hadn't raised her face. She preferred to keep it hidden to avoid the stares that came her way.

She didn't have any friends. Although, actually, she only had one best friend who she wouldn't talk to at school anyway. Her name was Shimizu Kyoko, a black-haired girl who had always been there for her. So that Shimizu didn't suffer from the comments herself, the middle school student had decided to avoid her at school.

Only in her private rooms could she talk openly about everything. Help Shimizu with her homework, which was too difficult. Without Shimizu, she would probably have despaired quite early on.

"Perfect, thank you very much!" shouted the photographer. Relieved, the brown-haired girl exhaled. She hoped that she would never see this photo.

"Hey, you." said one of the girls who had been blaspheming. "If I were you, I wouldn't have shown up today. Must be awful to look like that."

Biting her lip slightly, she remained silent. The pretty girl in front of her was right. "Why are you even talking to her? We don't even know her name." the other girl interjected.

"M..Miyu T..Tsukishima...", Miyu spoke quietly and was no longer even noticed by the two, who had turned around and disappeared.