The Mentor and The Assassin

Start from the beginning

  It was two in the afternoon after the departure. Most of the passengers on the cruise ship returned to their cabins to unpack and arrange their luggages including the Leech family. Jade and Floyd went inside their parent's oceanview cabin as they held a family meeting to discuss their plans of searching for Tokaku in the cruise ship.

Jade showed the photo of Tokaku using his phone to his parents so they could recognize her face features. Nervine then suggested to his family that they all separate to different areas of the cruise ship and began their research for the azure-haired girl. Once he declared them to dismiss, all of the four family members exited from the cabin, heading down to separate ways for the search for the girl. Jade wore in a lavender long sleeved summer short and a shorts with leggings searched at the play area while Floyd wore in a short sleeved T-shirt and jean shorts searched around the pool area. As for their father, he wore a long sleeved white shirts and jeans, searching at the duty free shop. Meanwhile, their mother went to search at the lounge area in her long yellow summer dress. A waitress welcomed her at the entrance and gestured the lady to sit but Oceana refused, reassuring her that she will after she take a look around the lounge, to which the waitress allowed. Oceana wandered around the lounge, her eyes were rotating left to right. When she passed a table, she overheard a man behind her.

"What would you like to drink, Tokaku?"

Hearing the name Tokaku, Oceana turned to her back, seeing a man with black hair and red eyes with a girl with short azure hair and azure eyes. They were sitting on a table, where Oceana turned her back to. As she peered the girl's face who was facing the man, immediately, she recognized her as Tokaku from the photo her son showed to her. The lady with long black hair eavesdropped at the conversation of the girl and the man.

"I don't want to drink with you," Tokaku answered Kaiba with crossed arms on her chest. She was wearing a short white summer dress with straps and a pair of light brown sandals. She had a white headband on her azure hair.

"Tokaku, don't be like this. Remember what I talked to you once we arrived at our suite?" Kaiba pleaded with the girl. He was wearing red T-shirt and jeans.

"That you kidnapped me because of the stupid marriage you wanted with me? I remember, but I still don't want to have a drink with you, "The girl replied harshly.

Upon overhearing the girl refused to drink with the man, Oceana took this as a chance to connect with her son's girlfriend and approached their table.

"Excuse me, sorry that I interrupted you both. I accidentally eavesdropped your conversation. I heard that this lovely girl of yours doesn't want to have a drink with you." Oceana said to Kaiba, to which he responded.

" Yes, we're in an arranged marriage by our parents. They suggested us to go on a date on this cruise ship for us to get to know each other. She is furious about her parents' doing for engaging her with me without her acknowledge, so this is how she acts now towards me, " Kaiba lied to the lady with long black hair. He sighed in frustration because of Tokaku's actions, refusing to accept him as her love partner. Tokaku kept herself silent because she doesn't want Oceana to be involved with Kaiba.

Oceana nodded in understanding after listening to the man with red eyes. She looked at Tokaku, capturing the girl's focus. "I see. It's understanding of how being forced to marry someone you don't know. I was like you two. I was furious with my parents when they arranged a marriage without my acknowledgement. I used to behave rude with my partner because he was not the man I loved. However, after spending days on our date during our marriage, I found out that he was a nice guy which I began to be grateful to my parents for matching me with a good husband."

After listening to the lady, Tokaku nodded in understanding." I understood." Her reaction was not genuinely expressed that she listened to the lady's advice, to which Oceana noticed.

"Let me tell you. My husband is at the casino, so I don't have a companion to drink with me. Would you like to join me for a cup of tea? I think it would ease your anger for a bit. Also, while we're sipping our tea, let's talk about your feelings to let go all of your frustrations. What do you say?" Oceana suggested, winking at the azure-haired girl.

"That's a great idea! Tokaku, go and have a drink with this lady. I'll be going to the casino for some fun." Kaiba said to Tokaku. The girl let out a sigh of frustration before she agreed with him. She then followed the lady to an empty table with two chairs located near the balcony. They seated and a waitress approached them. Oceana asked Tokaku what drink she would like to have and she answered that she wanted a cup of black tea. Oceana then ordered two cups of black tea to the waitress. After the waitress was gone with their orders, Oceana looked at Tokaku, who her azure eyes were focusing on the beautiful lady as she sniffed her scent which was similar to Jade's scent. With a smile on her fair face, Oceana asked the girl if her name is Tokaku Azuma.

" Did you overheard that man called my name, ma'am? " Tokaku asked.

" No, I just happened to know you before that because my son, Jade did introduced me to your photo, " Oceana answered, shaking her head. Tokaku was taken aback to know that the lady in front of her was her boyfriend's mother. This fed her curiousity about the scent the lady shared with Jade's.

"So, you're Jade's mother. How is he?" Tokaku asked, worrying about Jade's well-being.

" Do not worry. He survived because of you for saving his life from near death. For your concern, he had his wound healed and he was on this cruise ship with me, my husband, and Floyd, " Oceana replied.

Tokaku became dumbfounded to be informed by Oceana that Jade boarded the cruise ship with his family. She recalled the night when the merman sang one of her lyrics, promising her that he will bring her back, who she was once his. He kept his promise like the promise keeper he was. However, it ached Tokaku's heart to think the risks of him saving her from the possession of her imposter mentor. The girl begged Oceana in her monotone voice that Jade shouldn't save her. "He'll be in danger if he dares to save me. The man you saw with me. He's my mentor, and he was the one who stabbed your son with a knife so he could scare him for dying to save me. As his girlfriend, I'm asking you to think a way to save me while ensuring his safety,"

Oceana fell silent, contemplating about something while humming. Then, she smiled. "Here, I thought you would begged me to stop him from saving you."

" I have made an oath that I will protect him, outside and inside. I won't let him suffer the sadness of losing his girlfriend. I don't want him to blame himself like what happened to me is his fault when it was not. I had promised that I belonged to him, not to other men," Tokaku explained.

" Now, I see why Jade, my son had fallen for you. You're loyal, considerate, and you emphasized his feelings more than yours. I am glad that you didn't give up on him. " Oceana said, a hint of happiness in her voice." Alright, I have a plan on how to save you while ensuring his safety. Please give me your ears, " Tokaku leng her ear, listening attentively to what Oceana whispers to her.