Contract

In a room filled with bookshelves, a desk, and a vault connected to the center of the wall, Tokaku woke up to find herself on a sofa. She was shocked to realize that she was in an unfamiliar room. Suddenly, the door opened and Jade entered, carrying a tray with tea sets.

"Good day, miss. Did you sleep well?" Jade asked, smiling at her. Tokaku glared at him, noticing an unfamiliar odor. Jade chuckled at her suspicious behavior and reassured her, saying, "Don't be afraid of me. I won't harm you." He smiled and placed the tea set on the table. Tokaku watched as he served her a cup of tea. "Enjoy some tea, it will help you relax," Jade said. Tokaku, without hesitation, took the cup and drank a sip. She was amazed by its delightful taste. "It's delicious," she said to Jade.

Jade was glad that Tokaku enjoyed the tea. "That's good to hear," he smiled. Suddenly, the door made a sound and Tokaku and Jade turned their heads to see who entered the room. It was Azul and Floyd. They greeted Tokaku and Azul asked her how she was feeling. Although she noticed an unfamiliar odor from him, Tokaku could sense that he had good intentions for peace. "I feel calm," she replied. Meanwhile, Jade left Tokaku's side and stood next to her.

"You appear to be taken aback by my presence. Please do not be alarmed. Allow me to introduce myself. My name is Azul Ashengrotto. And these two individuals beside me are Jade and Floyd." Azul courteously introduced himself and the twins.

"Well, it is reassuring to see that you have regained your composure. I imagine you must be curious as to why you are here," Azul commented, pleased by Tokaku's calm state. She nodded, indicating her curiosity.

Azul proceeded to explain, "You are here because I have selected you to stay in Octavinelle. Why, you might ask? It is because I would like to offer you a favor."

Upon hearing this, Tokaku sniffed out a hidden intention. However, she also sensed that it wasn't anything harmful. Curiously, she asked, "What kind of favor do you seek from me?"

Azul smirked, acknowledging Tokaku's perceptiveness. Taking a seat on another sofa facing Tokaku, he continued, "You seem to grasp the nature of our activities here. You are more astute than I initially presumed. I witnessed your display of combat skills during the entrance ceremony, and I must say, I was impressed. This led me to arrive at a singular conclusion."

Tokaku focused intently, listening to Azul's explanation. He went on with the conversation, "Would you be interested in becoming my undercover spy? Your task would primarily involve kidnapping individuals who have failed to fulfill their obligations to me, particularly those who have neglected their payments."

Tokaku quickly deciphered Azul's true intentions and expressed her understanding, "So, you want me to forcefully abduct people who have not met their financial commitments. Is that correct?" She had successfully unraveled his ulterior motives. Upon realizing that she had seen through his true nature, Azul let out an evil laugh.

"I must admit, I am unsure how you managed to uncover my plans, but as you rightly deduced, that is indeed my intention. I have observed that you possess a keen sense of awareness and an uncanny ability to dodge any attack. Hence, I believe you would be the perfect candidate to be my undercover spy, or dare I say, assassin."

Listened intently to his favor, Tokaku delicately placed her teacup on the table and intertwined her arms, fixing her gaze upon Azul. "Have you taken the time to consider who I truly am?" she asked.