CH 15 : Gym challenge

*GASP Y/n woke up with an overwhelming sense of dread he was bandaged and laid out on a hospital bed and couldn't feel most of his limbs. Immediately he sat up and tried to roll out of bed and ended up falling on his face but thankfully his body was still numb so it was painless.

"Where are they?? Where are my Pokémon?!"

"Looking for these ?" The lights turned on and Cynthia and Silver stood at the door holding Y/ns Pokémon. Shuppet and Gligar were handing onto Silvers head while Zeezee was clutched to Cynthias chest. Y/n smiled as his Pokémon crashed into him the moment was pure bliss and they held onto each other as if they hadn't seen each other in years Y/n couldn't tell how many tears fell of his face but he knew how happy he was. Cynthia smiled and embraced Y/n even Silver felt relieved. 

The moment eventually passed and a few hours later Y/n was discharged thanks to the amazing powers of modern pokemon medicine and Cynthia offered to give him an explanation in Amity square a local park.

"Thanks for the save Cynthia" said Y/n a faint blush grew on his cheeks as Cynthia smiled and bumped his shoulder "No problem rookie I should be thanking you , you saved Silver, defeated three fossils and bought me enough time to find you" Y/ns ey...

"Thanks for the save Cynthia" said Y/n a faint blush grew on his cheeks as Cynthia smiled and bumped his shoulder "No problem rookie I should be thanking you , you saved Silver, defeated three fossils and bought me enough time to find you" Y/ns eyes saddened "I can't believe after two years I'm still falling behind you" 

Cynthia held Y/ns hand "This is only the beginning y/n besides your journey is a million times greater than mine you fought Gyrados in the middle of the ocean, captured Kyogre and faced off against the champion and defeated 3 fossil Pokémon  all before your first gym battle" Y/n smiled hearing his achievements but he couldn't shake the feeling of guilt in putting his Pokémon so close to death. 

"I don't know Cynthia 2 years ago I faced the same trainer and lost not only that during the battle one of my Pokémon was killed I'm just scared what if the same happens to Zeezee and the others" Cynthia squeezed Y/ns hand "I know you're worried but I can see that your Pokémon haven't given up even though they realize how dangerous it is" Y/n sighed "A least I know you're taking care of Kyogre" Cynthia nervously scratched her cheek before confessing the truth about Kyogre including the state of its pokeball.

"I have no doubt that in two or two and a half weeks we'll be forced into another battle and until then you need to get way stronger and I need to stabilize this region before it gets shaken again" Y/n nodded and sat up "Well I guess that  leaves only one option" Cynthia smiled and stood up still holding onto Y/ns hand "I'm afraid we have to go out separate ways at least for a while but I'll be expecting to see you and Silver soon" Y/n smiled and pulled Cynthia in for a hug "I'll miss you Goldilocks keep the Champion seat ready for me" Cynthia smiled and hugged back "Sure thing rookie"

Later

Cynthia flew off on Togekiss leaving Y/n wandering the streets with Zeezee and Shuppet Gligar preferred to latch onto Y/n but due to his injuries it stayed in its pokeball. Y/n bought a ticket for a contest and practically snoozed through the whole thing. After the show he read some magazines on the gym leader Fantina and proceeded to the gym