CH 9 : Swim with fishes

The rain pelted on the trainers as they bolted off to their own objectives Cynthia knew that there was no point in calling the elite four or the other gym leaders the island was simply too far. She had to put her faith in Y/n and Silver. She burst into the captains office and screamed at the top of her lungs.

"We need to evacuate immediately" Cynthia didn't need to argue as a loud screech echoed through the ship.

"Damn it's getting closer"

Meanwhile Silver tried to hold down the entrance of the cave as massive gushes of water flooded into the cave. He climbed on top of a boulder and stationed Skarmory and Kadabra to observe the entrance and fly or  teleport the people to the ship. 

Y/n trudged through the waves using Gligar to pile boulders changing the direction of the floods making it easier to move. 

"Zeezee make sure the wild pokemon don't attack the people" Zeezee hopped from boulder to boulder firing off attacks and defending the passengers from the panicked wild pokemon.

One by one Y/n guided the people through the flooded cave and with the help of Skarmory they were taken to the exit where Cynthias Milotic and Togekiss took them to the ship. Soon only the three trainers remained they stood at the beach and watched as the S.S Sinnoh began to take off and steer towards Canalve City. The walls of water were getting even closer they were nearly the size of the mountain and glaring through the wave were two beaming red eyes.

"From this range the ship is far too close they won't make it back in time" said Silver shivering at the sight of a legendary Pokémon. Cynthia sympathized with the child understanding his emotions.

I understand kid I'm also scared but the champion has no business being a coward 

"You boys have no reason to be here I am the champion I will make sure to buy the passengers enough time to escape" Y/n scoffed "Sorry but I cowered enough in the past two years it's about time I stood up for myself" Silver looked back at the ship Cheryl and the other lady offered to take him on the cruise since he'd helped them navigate through Eterna forest and so he'd only pretended to be their family but he still felt he owed them.

If it wasn't for them then I wouldn't have met y/n or Cynthia.........I have to make it up to them 

"I have to make sure Cheryl gets to safety besides I can't fall behind y/n" Y/n grinned and tore of his jacket. "LET'S ####ing RAID THIS THING"

Cynthia pov

Silver and I took to the air flying above the fast approaching wave. "Silver caught its attention and divert the wave we have to save the Pokémon" Togekiss and Skarmory flew towards the beaming eyes firing off Focus blast and and swift into the wave. The beast took notice and slowed the wave and stared at me then it looked at  Silver before narrowing on Y/n.

The water wall loomed over the island for a second before letting out  a loud screech and completely collapsing onto the island

"Y/N GET OUT OF THERE!!"

The massive tidal wave crashed into the island I tried to scream but my voice couldn't be heard over the sound of the waves. I watched as the wave crashed into the mountain cracking the rocks and flooding any entrances. Dozens of wild Pokémon cried out  in pain as their bodies were washed away with their home.

I felt the anger boil inside of me as I watched as my region getting scarred by Kyogre.

"That's enough as much as I love all Pokémon as a champion I cannot let you attack my home I will defeat you"

"I am champion Cynthia and I have never known defeat"

Kyogre showed itself revealing its body in all its glory

Kyogre showed itself revealing its body in all its glory. I sent out Lucario and Roserade "I'll take it head on and trade blows Silver you try to distract it and keep it from attacking the Island"

Silver nodded and took of with Skarmory drawing its attention away from Iron Island. "We still need a way to hinder it and slow it down"

Suddenly Kyogre roared in anger and lifted its mighty tail , I couldn't believe my eyes. 

"I'll tear you to shreds and cook you over a fire!!"

Y/n and his Gyrados and reemerged from underwater and had latched onto Kyogres tail

Y/n and his Gyrados and reemerged from underwater and had latched onto Kyogres tail. Gyrados had chomped down on the Pokémon's flesh turning its fangs red with blood. Y/n was half inside of his pokemon mouth hanging out and waving at me.

Did he protect himself by hiding in its mouth??

Silver smiled and took the opening and attacked Kyogres eyes with air slash scratching its sensitive skin.

"Come on champion do it " I snapped out of shock and commanded my pokemon.

"Lucario use aura sphere , Roserade use energy ball" The two balls of energy collided with Kyogre in its nose causing it to screech in pain but we didn't let up we returned out assault firing of the same attack from three different angles.

"BITE"

"SWIFT"

"ENERY BALL AND AURA SPHERE"

The waves of attacks collided again and for a second I though we were going to win easily but I was mistaken. Kyogre slammed its tail down launching Y/n up in the sky simultaneously it charged up and Ice beam aiming directly for Silver. 

"Silver get down!" Silvers instincts kicked in and he sent out Kadabra who teleported him to y/n. The ice beam blasted towards me, Lucario absorbed the attack freezing his arm in the process I returned him.

I flew to Y/n and Silver and we regrouped in the air. Kygore let out a huge screech and began charging up another attack.

"Lucario's out and it's preparing an Origin pulse none of us can take it"

Y/n smiled "Well we have to hinder it using poison ,confusion or something else Gligar can poison it but we need more"

"My Kadabra knows Confuse ray and Skarmory knows sand attack" Y/n smiled took Silvers pokeballs.

Your POV

"Use Gyrados and attack from the water and Cynthia will attack from above this should create an opening for me." 

"But what about the attack ?" asked Silver Kyogres energy had formed a ball or bright blue light.

"I can't guarantee that we'll survive if we're hit and I don't know who will be targeted either" Cynthia nodded and sent out Milotic who crashed onto the water as well as Spiritomb  who floated on top of Milotic.

"Well I guess we'll give him more target and create a better opening" I smiled that's a  plan Cynthia once we hinder it with status condition we'll all attack at once"

Skarmory grabbed some sand from the island and Kadabra Teleported us above Kyogre just out of sight the attack blinded me for a second and Cynthia and Silver began their attacks, Firing of multiple attacks in succession while keeping a big distance. Kyogre roared and aimed its beam down at Silver.

"NOW"

Gligar used toxic, Skarmory used sand attack and Kadabra used confuse ray

"The plan was a success we gained the upper hand we are about to win"

Like every sick twisted joke this one also had a cruel punchline. Kyogre turned its gaze from Silver and aimed directly at me. Kadabra was too far its fingers were just millimeters from my body. I felt a burning sensation on my face as I embraced my fate.

Dying a loner Virgin with no gym badges.......what a waste