Prologue : Detachment

The screeching roar of the alarm clock echoed in my room. To be honest I didn't need it as I didn't get a wink of sleep the previous night. I sat up in my single bed and turned to face the window.

Another cloudy day........is this place always so gloomy

I silenced my alarm and got ready for work I opened my bedroom door and was met with the roaring and howling of the Sinnoh sea

The scene was violent and chaotic but still managed to seem natural and systematic

The scene was violent and chaotic but still managed to seem natural and systematic. I gazed over to the horizon I spotted a small speed boat heading my way quickly closing the distance I took a deep breath and walked back into my room to gather my things. As I was collecting my government documents a small glass case fell off the counter and gently landed on top of a pile of sleeping fur. The heap let out a small grunt and slowly got to its feet revealing the figure of my partner Pokémon , Zeezee the Zorua.

Zeezee stood up  and yawned and licking her claws unlike most Pokémon she had the uncanny ability to speak to humans telepathically  although the only one she chose to speak to was me her trainer.

You ready to move out of this shithole ?  She asked referring to the run down lighthouse we called our home. I nodded my head and placed the glass case into my bag pocket the case was a badge case given to me by my professor ,inside was only a single shining badge as well as a photograph taken several years ago, I couldn't make myself look at the picture but I read the words on the back.

DON'T LET THE SPIRIT OF ADVENTURE DIE!!!

           DON'T GET LONELY WITHOUT ME 

                       ~Goldilocks of Sinnoh~

I folded up the photo and grabbed the rest of my things before heading down the hundreds of stairs of the light house.

seriously why can't these hairless Mankeys use their brains and build an elevator in this joint !!!?

I shrugged Zeezees slightly racist comment off and kept moving downwards , in the past year I hadn't  stepped off the small plot of land that housed this light house I didn't need to and I didn't want to but today was my last day of work.

Returning Zeezee I opened the front door and a spray of seawater splashed in my face the tide was oddly high but I brushed it off as a police officer walked up to me.

"Morning Y/n you look like shit" he said grinning cunningly. "It's about time this place got a new owner besides who needs a lighthouse in this era"

I jolted from another spray of the waves. "New owner , why wasn't I told?" The man laughed in my face "Duh you don't matter , you're just a lonely volunteer who had no life on the mainland so you exiled yourself out here"

I scowled at the mans rude assumption but I didn't reply , the past year I had barely talked face to face with another human and I was in no mood to argue but I felt a tang of sadness to see the light house going out of use . I grabbed the rest of my kitchen supplies and loaded them onto the boat but  the officer grabbed my shoulder.

"The hell do you think you're doing? My orders were to make sure you sign off and leave the premises not to escort you like you're my senior" I scowled deeply at the man it was pretty obvious he was meant to escort me but I couldn't prove it so I took my things out of the boat and stood at the edge of the shore. The officer locked the front door and got into his boat. "I'll be back in a few days ,you can try lighting a fire to one of the passing ships " with a smirk he turned his boat around and took off sending a wave of seawater into my face. I took out my camping supplies and as if on clue a massive thunderbolt blasted through the clouds and a shower of rain drenched me and my supplies. I felt compelled to scream in anger and curse but I decided to save my energy. I looked through my bag for a flare and a manuscript flew into my face.

..................and y/n stood proudly as his final pokemon defeated the champion winning  him the title of hero and champion of the world!!!!!!!!!

I sighed and let the paper fly away with the wind disappearing into the wind. "If only I could have my own adventures Instead of reading them"

As the rain soaked my hair I let out a groan of disappointment.

How did  I get here ?

Since when did my dreams not matter to me ??

Whatever happened to the spirit of adventure???

I raised my fists to the sky "Arceus if there is a reason I should go on another adventure and be a trainer once more then send me a sign" There was silence I turned my back on the ocean and walked back towards the lighthouse. Suddenly-

GYYYYYRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Get ready folk the smell of blood, sweat, tears and adventure awaits!!

Thanks for reading this was the pilot episode for my new book which if you are an old fan it's actually a revamp of my old book since I kind of deleted that one for personal reasons.