2

Rebecca's pov: 

my alarm rung exactly at 6 am and i groan as i get up. 

well, its time for work. i  took a shower and dress up for work.

i just went for a plain button up shirt and jeans

(pic down below)

as i got downstairs i could already smell food which means mom is awake

" good morning mom." i said to her smiling and she greeted me with a good morning back. 

i sat down and the food infront of me made me salivate as i take a bite of the food it made me hum in satisfaction,

"mom this is so delicious....i miss this." i said in between bites and she chuckled. 

" eat a lot child, its your first day in work right?" she ask as she sat down and sip her coffee

i nodded. " yes mom, ill just be checking out the place and my office and the patients there and after that im gonna find a house to live in near ours." i said to her. 

" dont you wanna stay in our house child?" she said sounding sad and i chuckled. 

" yes mom i do but i also want to live independently thats why im gonna live near you so i can pass by here anytime. dont worry mom ill have my dinners here i promise." i said to her smiling and she nodded sighing, 

" i just miss you bec thats all..." she said, i stand up and hug my mom tight.

" i miss  you too mom...so much.. thats why i came back. but i also want to live in my own mom, im gonna visit okay? im always gonna come for your cooking you know." i said to her to lighten up her mood and it work she smiled at me and broke the hug. 

" i love you becky, always know that." i smiled.

" i love you too mom." she held my cheek and stood up.

" come on, youll be late for you first day! " she said and i nodded, i went outside and my uber was there, i kiss my mom goodbye on her cheek and got in the uber. 

" good morning ma'am where to?" the driver ask smiling and i close the door. 

" to Chulalongkorn Hospital Psychiatric Center please." i said to him smiling and he nodded. 

i hope the staff there is nice. 

the driver stopped infront of a big hospital and i gave him my payment and extra tip and got off the car and stood infront of the big building. 

" you must be Ms. Armstrong, i am Noi and i will be your assistant in this institute." she flash me a bright smile and i held my hand for her to shake and she shook my hand.

" please call me rebecca or becky." i said to her and she nodded smiling .

" welcome to Chulalongkorn Hospital Psychiatric Center Ms. Rebecca our institute offers a variety of assistance such as Psychiatric Evaluation and Assessment,Inpatient and Outpatient Services,Pharmacotherapy,Psychotherapy and Counseling,Crisis Intervention,Rehabilitation Services,and Research and Education. it has a wide range of coverage for those services and the hospital is ecstatic that among the different institute you chose to be with ours. we welcome you wholeheartedly. " she smiled at me explaining the hospital's offers as we enter the building. 

" who's the owner of the hospital?" i said to Noi and she opened the elevator with her I.D and we entered as we go up. 

" this institute is owned by Sir Phum, he is a very reliable owner and leader among us. he is very outgoing and open minded it wont be that hard to befriend or talk with him. " the elevator opened and we were met with a view of the office of the owner.  

" good morning Sir Phum, Ms. Rebecca has arrived." Noi said and i was met with a very tall man smiling towards me. 

" ah! Ms. Rebecca welcome! i hope youre liking the hospital so far?" he said still smiling and i nodded. 

" hello sir phum and thank you for having me work here and yes, your institute is quite amazing." i said and he shook his head. 

" its our pleasure to have you here Ms. Rebecca, knowing in the psychiatric field you are one of the best doctors there is, we thank you for picking our institute." he said beaming with so much positivity that i couldnt help but smile. 

" the pleasure is all mine sir. is it okay if i see my office?" i asked him and he nodded enthusiastically. 

" sure! lets go! i hope youll like the office we picked for you." he said going through the hallway and opened a door and i was quite surprise and shock about my office, its not one of those normal offices, it has a view of the city! and book shelves at the end of the room and my desk at the center. 

" wow....this is....i cant even speak on how beautiful this office is. this is too much sir." i said to him getting shy, he shook his head smiling. 

" we're glad you like it Ms. Rebecca, we want you to work in a very calm and quiet environment, knowing psychiatry is one of the very stressful work there is dealing with patients. " said sir phum and i smiled. 

" thank you for this Sir Phum. this is better than my office in UK, just saying." i said chuckling as i take in the view of the whole bangkok. 

" it is our pleasure Ms. Rebecca, and if its okay with you we will go the psych ward so you can be familiar with the things there." he said and i nodded joining them. 

" if its okay to ask, why did you think of building or rather owning a hospital like this? if thats okay to know that is." i said smiling and he looked at me with a smile mix with sadness. 

( lets just pretend he has a sister okay?? okay .) 

" years ago before i could even own one of this institute, my sister had severe depression and she suffered alot, i couldnt do anything because i was just a mere child back then. one day i got a news that my sister died because of it, i cried day and night because i lost my sister and in her burial i promised to myself that im gonna help people who suffer from mental health, thats why i built this institute, to help them become okay again." he said reminiscing the memory. 

i felt guilty for asking seeing him sad, " im sorry sir i shoudnt have asked. 

he shook his head smiling, " its okay, its better for people to know about it you know? " he said and i smiled. 

everyone really has a story, may it be good or bad. thats just a proof that people arent made to be heroes or villains without a story.