Prologue

In the bustling city of New York, Engfa Waraha's name was synonymous with power and authority. As the ruthless CEO of Waraha Corporation, she had built her empire on determination and strength of character, crushing anyone who dared to stand in her way. Her reputation was that of a fierce woman, cold as ice and as sharp as a blade.

When Charlotte Austin timidly stepped into the imposing lobby of the company, she didn't know what to expect. Freshly graduated and full of ambitions, she had secured a position as Engfa's assistant at Waraha Corporation, unaware of the rumors that swirled around her formidable boss. But from the first day, she was confronted with the harsh reality of the corporate world.

Engfa Waraha was much more than her reputation suggested. She was ruthless, yes, but she was also cynical and distrustful of anyone who crossed the threshold of her financial kingdom. Every interaction with her was like a dangerous dance on hot coals, where the slightest mistake could lead to ruin.

Yet despite all the trials she had to endure under her boss's scrutinizing gaze, Charlotte couldn't help but notice something else behind Engfa's mask of coldness. There was a glimmer of vulnerability, a spark of pain hidden behind her steel eyes, which piqued Charlotte's curiosity.

Charlotte was in a relationship herself, but doubts began to creep in nonetheless. On the other hand, Engfa had just emerged from a tumultuous divorce, adding an extra layer of complexity to her already tumultuous life. And so began a dangerous game, where the boundaries between hate and love were blurred, and Charlotte found herself inexplicably drawn to the woman she was supposed to despise.

But as their relationship evolved behind the scenes of the company, Charlotte would soon realize that the greatest battle to be fought was the one taking place in Engfa's own heart, a heart as broken as her own.

Engfa Waraha, 28 yo, CEO of Waraha Corporation

Charlotte Austin, 24 yo, freshly graduated in business management with a specialization in business administration