Chapter 53: Sorry

Start from the beginning

As my breath trembled so much, I covered my lips with my palm and pressed against them real hard.

A short silence ran between us until he called my name. "Y/n.."

I gulped down my saliva when I heard his voice.

"I'm sorry"

I frowned. Why? I shook my head vigorously, and my tears streamed down my cheeks unstoppably.

Why would he be sorry when I was the one who should be? I removed my hand from my lips. I tried to speak but instead a whimper escaped.

He heard her whimper and that broke his heart. "I'm sorry, y/n. I'm sorry for what I did to you that night"

I sniffed away my tears and tried controlling myself. "No, Eunwoo. It's me who should be sorry. Not you. Don't say sorry. I am the one, I am the one. So, please don't"

"It is not all your fault. There is something you should know. Where are you now?"

"Seoul. I took a bus to Seoul last night. But Eunwoo-ah, it is all my fault"

He became worried when she told him that she was in Seoul. He thought she was somewhere in Ulsan. "Seoul? Where do you stay now?"

I heard the worries in his voice.

I bit my bottom lip. If I said hotel, he must be wondering where I got money from. "Just a cheap hotel in Seoul. Don't worry too much, I can take care of myself"

"Do you have money? I will transfer some to you"

"No need, Eunwoo. I do have and it's enough" said me right away.

"Um, okay. But y/n", he paused hesitantly. Mustering the courage, he continued, "When will you come back here? I mean after you're done like-"

"Tomorrow. I'll try to come back tomorrow" I cut him short because I knew what he wanted to say. He must have wanted to say whenever I had calmed myself down. He was the kind of person who would always give me time.

Moreover, he wanted to say something to me and I was curious.

"Mmm.. Have you had dinner yet?" asked him.

"No, not yet" said me. I realized my short answer would cause a misunderstanding. Maybe he would think I didn't eat yet because I didn't have money. So quickly I explained, "I mean. I took Jihoon to a theme park today. So, he is tired and still sleeping right now. I will wait for him to wake up and then I'll take him to the restaurant" said me.

"Ohh.. Y/n, be careful when you get out later. Do not walk in the darkness. I just prefer if you go out and come back before eleven. It's dangerous for a woman and a child... Mmm, you know?" said him.

"I know. But it is Seoul. It's always busy here. But anyways, I will take your advice"

A smile drew on his face when she said she took his advice. "That's a relief"

Suddenly, I heard Jihoon crying and whimpering. I was startled that I straightened my sitting posture right away. "Oh, I think Jihoon has awoken and sees I'm not around" said me while getting up from the bathroom floor.

"Oh, okay. Bye y/n"

"Bye" said me and turned off the call.

I sighed when the call ended. As Jihoon was crying, I didn't have time to think back about our conversation just now.

I got out of the bathroom and rushed to the bed.

Jihoon turned to me. He stopped crying when I sat in front of him.