Chapter 50: Daegu

Start from the beginning

I quickly shut my lips. I just remembered about his mother. Damn, this was so embarrassing. 

I looked at his mother. I could see the shock on her face. I just called his son a lunatic. Understandable.

I sheepishly smiled and tucked my hair behind my ear, I sat back on the sofa. "I'm sorry, madam," said me. 

Ji Eun smiled awkwardly. It was as if this grown-up woman in front of her acted like a child. "What's wrong Aera?" asked her. 

"Sorry, mother. She isn't Korean. So she didn't know that crossing her legs in front of the elders is rude"

I almost frowned when he said that. Nice excuse from him. 

"Yes?" Jieun asked for confirmation as it could be she heard wrong.

I studied her facial reaction. With that reaction, I knew she wasn't pleased that I wasn't Korean. I almost scoffed and my eyes cornered Taehyung. What was his excuse anymore?

"She isn't Korean, mother," repeated Taehyung.

"Really? Omo, but Aera looks like Korean already" said her and giggled.

Maybe because it was almost my sixth year living here. But still, I didn't expect this. I thought she wouldn't like foreigners.

"What's your real name?" asked her.

"Y/n" said me. 

"Where are you from?"

"Y/n's country," said me. But then my face twitched, remembering my birthplace. It's been so long that I haven't gone home.

"Omo, that's a good country. I wish to go there one day" said her. 

I nodded agreeably

Then, I saw her facial expression change as she was about to ask a serious question. She scratched her eyebrows and looked at me. "When do you guys want to get married?"

Again, it was unexpected. 

"Jihoon is already six, right?" said Jieun and looked at Jihoon who was playing alone with the toys she bought last week as soon as Taehyung told her that Jihoon would come to her house. 

Then she looked back at me, "You both should get married quickly. Since everyone already knows about this" she paused and then looked at Taehyung. "Even my friends have been asking about your marriage" continued her with an excitement that lit up her eyes. 

I frowned. How could I get married when I was already married? "Madam,  actually I'm-" 

"Yah!!! It hurts! Aishh" said me and rubbed my thigh.

I couldn't finish what I was about to say because Taehyung slapped my thigh hard. 

The slap sound shocked Ji Eun. "What's wrong?"

"Sorry, I-I'm mistakenly doing that," said  Taehyung. 

             I opened my eyes and looked at the digital clock on the small table beside the bed. It's already 7.30 p.m. I was sure I just wanted to take a nap. 

But all my plans to be rude didn't work. Taehyung kept coming up with an excuse and tried his hardest to control me. I sighed. "Damn it" muttered me and messed up my hair. 

But then I just remembered. It was 7:30 p.m. It was dinner time. 

I quickly got up, fixed my hair, and walked out of the room. 

I walked to the kitchen and saw Taehyung's mother in the kitchen. It's like she was preparing the dinner alone. 

"Oh, you've woken"