Chapter 49: Please

Start from the beginning

I frowned in confusion. "What?"

"Make that cute voice again. I want more"

I bit my lips. He's so annoying. But did it mean it worked? I took a deep breath, let it all out, and then focused. "Taehyung-ah, please. Please, please" said me and then paused to hear his response.

But I didn't hear anything. Was it not enough? I tried again. "O-oppa, please convince our son. Ummm... Please. I really ask you for a favor. Please, oppa" said me again and then pinched my eyes closed.  That's so fucking embarrassing. Oppa? Our son? Yikes.

I opened my eyes again when he started laughing. "Babe.. Call me oppa again"

I cursed him in my mind. I was already embarrassed. My cheeks were so hot now. "Oppa"

He chuckled. Obviously, he loved it. Now, I just wanted to listen to his answer after all the things I did just now.

"You did good, babe. But too bad, I want you to quit your job too. And this is a good reason for that"

I was shocked when he said that. "The fuck, Taehyung? Are you kidding me??? Did you just toy with me????!"

"That bitch is going to bully you. I can see that" said him.

"That's not your problem"

"Yours is mine"

"Whatever you think.  Just go convince Jihoon for me. I already did the cute voice for you"

"Did I promise you?"

My lips parted and trembled. I couldn't say anything because he didn't! But still, I felt like I was fooled by him.

"You're the one who promised someone. Keep your promise, babe. That's not nice to lie to a kid like that"

The hotness in my chest overwhelmed me. But I couldn't do anything since only he could convince Jihoon for me.

Talking about that, I could see how slowly Jihoon wouldn't listen to me. I was fed up. "Fine, when is it gonna be??"

"This Saturday, 7 a.m. I will come to pick you two"

"Until when?"

"Sunday"

"I don't want to spend the night there," said me right away. I was very serious about that. I could already feel that I had to spend a night with him in a room. That's gonna be so bad.

"Try my mother"

_________

             I gulped down the plain water in the kitchen. I saw Eunwoo coming with the plate as he just finished breakfast. I quickly put down the glass on the kitchen counter and waited for him to finish washing his plate.

As soon as Eunwoo turned, I quickly stood in front of him.

"What, y/n?"

"Um.. Um" I was very hesitant because I felt bad that I was going to lie to him again. Whenever I saw him, I kept remembering that Taehyung kissed me on my lips. It felt so terrible and irritated me.

"Eunwoo. Actually, this Saturday, I have to go to-to Daegu. With Jihoon too" said me and looked into his eyes. I was stuck at that and couldn't finish to say my reason.

"Why?"

"You know. Um... To see the mother of my ex. We used to be close. She just knew about her grandchild. S-so, so-so yeah" said me and nodded like a fool.

He was silent for a while like he was in thought.

Later he nodded, "I understand it,".

I slightly bit my lips. I didn't know what to say anymore. I already felt embarrassed by lying to him again. I had never ever met Taehyung's mother before. I just said this because I didn't want to look like I did this for Taehyung.

"Why are you stammered? You don't need to feel nervous about this. Of course, you should go. I understand in your place. She must be excited to see her grandchild" said him.

My lips slightly parted away because I was surprised that my lie had him said this. Very comforting to me but because it was my lie, I felt terrible again.

"How will you go there?" asked him.

"Flight. He-he will pay for that"

Eunwoo understood the 'he' that she referred to. "Are you going to be okay since he is your.."

I looked at Eunwoo seriously when he said 'he'.  I knew it was going to be about Taehyung.

"Since he's your ex and you did tell me about that he used to abuse you"

"No, Eunwoo. It was actually not true. I was being emotional at that time. That's why I said that. I'm sorry".

Damn, I lied again. I was just afraid that he was worried about me again. And I worried too that if he didn't allow me to go, Taehyung would threaten me with that video. Aishh..

"Okay, y/n" said him and then walked past me.

As soon as he walked away, I looked down at the floor. I felt very terrible. Why did I have to lie like this?

I recalled the looks in his eyes. His voice and how he just walked passed me. Was he just forced to agree with me? Or he just pretend to understand? I could see how unwilling was through his eyes.

Did it mean,  I hurt him?

Sera was right, I hurt him. I should let him go. But if I let him go, I worried about myself. I couldn't really protect myself. Having Eunwoo as my husband just convinced me a little bit about my safety. How he stood with me when people threw hate on me. I really needed him.

That meant Sera was right. I was ….

Selfish.

And I would end up hurting him more.

I touched my lips and remembered the kiss I had with Taehyung last night. It was not really bad. I didn't think I would refuse him so much. The only reason I hated it was because I was married.

B-but I hated him too.

What the hell did I want? 

***