Chapter 49: Please

Start from the beginning

"It's different. It's because you have an important reason to do that" said me.

I looked at him. It's like he had lost in this talk since he didn't say anything anymore. I started caressing his hair.

"Mom.." he suddenly called me.

"Yes, my baby"

"Is grandma not important to you?"

My hand froze. I frowned. "What do you mean, Jihoon??" I couldn't control the shock in my voice. He made me feel terrible.

"I'm just asking because I am so excited to meet Grandma. I just knew I have a grandma and I can't wait to see her so much. I just feel weird that mom is not excited at all" said he.

This kid literally got me so fed up. I sighed. "Fine, Jihoon. I will try to make it"

He didn't say anything. His eyes were still wearing the same look. I was expecting him to cheer up when I said that. But he didn't. Maybe because I didn't assure him.

"Jihoon-ah, why don't you say something to me? Is it because I don't sound like promising to you?"

He just shrugged his shoulders at me.

"I will call your dad to ask about the details. By tomorrow, I will tell you right away whether I'm going or not. Is it okay?"

He nodded and this time his eyes seemed like he was convinced. "Okay, mom. I will wait" said Jihoon.

"Good boy," said me and got up as he seemed to jump out from his chair.

         I got out of Jihoon's room after putting him to sleep.

My eyes pierced as I needed to call that lunatic. Of course not for the details but for him to convince Jihoon. For the past few days, I noticed Jihoon kept listening to him. That was so damn annoying.

I took out my phone, dialed his number, and pressed the phone against my ear.

"Hello babe"

"Convince Jihoon that I can't go," said me straight.

"Go where?"

I rolled my eyes. He must be playing dumb. "Your mother's house. I have nothing to do with her at all" asserted me.

"You do," said him.

"I don't"

"She's your future mother in law"

"Are you still dreaming of marrying me? You better quit. Because it's not going to happen. Not even on Mars" said me.

"Mind your attitude, honey" His voice was deeper.

"What attitude?" I asked even though I knew it was like a warning to me.

"Know our age gap and how I am always older than you. Mind what comes out of your mouth"

He sounded as if I hurt his feelings. Did this lunatic have feelings? "Whatever Taehyung. Just convince Jihoon that I can't go"

"Why would I do that when I want you to?"

"I told you many times. I'm working. Can you understand..."

I paused as I remembered talking with him like this would not be useful. What about if I acted cute?

"Taehyung-ah.... Um, um? Can you understand me, um? Pleaseeee" I tried convincing him by sounding cute. I didn't know whether it worked or not.

I heard him scoffing but still, I hoped he would consider me. "More"