chapter twenty five - help

(Juliens POV)

it was april 29th. ivy had been in the mental hospital for about 3 and a half weeks, today was the day we get to pick her up. the day after the dinner, it took a lot of convincing to get her to give us confirmation that she would go to the hospital to get help, there was alot of her denying it and refusing help. she didn't wanna go, i know she was scared, but she knew she needed help. she finally gave in and let us help her get the help she needed, and i was so proud of her for it.

of course we had visited her throughout the past few weeks, but there were still times where i would go to get in phoebe or lucy's bed, there were nights i cried in lucy's arms, there were nights i didn't sleep at all, but the only thing that kept me going is that i knew she was going to be okay, and that's all that mattered to me.

we got to the hospital and had to fill out a bunch of paperwork and get all of her new prescriptions for her new medication.

we had finally got done with all of that we were just waiting in the waiting room for them to officially release her.

i saw her and i stood up, she ran over to me with a light in her eyes that i hadn't seen in months, it almost made me want to cry.

"jules!" she said, hugging me tight. "hi baby!" i giggled, i saw lucy and phoebe smiling big as ivy hugged me. ivy pulled away and looked into my eyes, "oh my god i missed you so much, there's so much i wanna tell you guys" she smiled, and moved to hug the other to individuals.

we walked out to our car and i sat in the back with her, just like i always did if we went in lucy's car. she was holding onto my arms and telling me stories about the friends she made, and how nice the nurses were, and how she felt better.

it made me so happy. she was still rambling on until she stopped, "i'm really tired though, i didn't sleep much last night because i knew i would get to see you guys. well i didn't really sleep all that good every night i was there, but it was extra bad last night" she said. "yeah i didn't sleep too well without you either. i spent most of my nights in one of their beds," i said pointing to lucy and phoebe, who were talking and singing along loudly to whatever song was playing on the radio. "but that's alright. maybe we can both sleep better tonight, yeah?" i ask.

she nods while yawning, she looks up to me with the most loving eyes in the world, "i love you" she says quietly enough so the girls in the front won't hear, but loud enough for me to hear. i smile ear to ear, "i love you too, darling" i said before kissing her softly. she smiled when we pulled away, it was nice to see her happy again. to see the light in her eyes, and to see that beautiful smile, a smile that didn't need effort to be formed. she laid her head on my shoulder for the last 25 minutes of the car ride, occasionally dozing off as we made our way home, but i made sure she didn't completely fall asleep.

-

-

-

a/n: heyyyy, short chapter but i felt it needed to be its own chapter as it was a sensitive and serious topic. sorry if yall wanted the details of ivy's time in the hospital, i only didn't write it for my own mental stability because i didn't want it to trigger the memories of when i had to go. (the first time) i still think this chapter isn't as bad as i thought it was gonna be, im writing this (sort of high) on painkillers and other random shit the doctor has given me considering the fact that i've been in the hospital (the normal kind) for a few days. i really hope you guys enjoy this chapter even though it's short.

take care of yourselves and the story will continue (more better) as soon as im doing better, i promise!!!!

-Em

(739 words)

LUCYS COUSIN - a julien baker fanficजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें