chapter eighteen - new years

Ivy's POV

i was getting ready in the living room, do i know why? no. no i don't. there's a mirror there, i wanted to get ready there. anyways, julien went to the grocery store and phoebe was .... somewhere? lucy was in her room getting ready.

i wanted to go instagram live while i got ready for fun.

when i started the live people immediately started joining, which was definitely new, but i was here for it.

kelli joined my live while we both did our makeup, we were going to the same party but i  hadn't seen her in so long that we wanted eachothers company.

we were laughing at something and i heard the front door open, "i'm home!" julien shouted, "babe?" she asked. i whipped my head around and muted the live, "i'm live!" i said. she covered her hand with her mouth, "oh fuck" my jaw was slightly ajar as i turned back to my screen and unmuted, "you didn't just hear julien, did you?" i asked kelli, "no, you're good" she giggled. me and julien both sighed of relief and giggled. "good" i said.

after putting groceries away julien came to sit beside me, the chat freaked out a little at her presence. "hey kells!" she said, "hey jb" kelli smiled. after a bit of julien just sitting there, me and kelli both got done with our makeup. i turned to julien, "do you like it?" i asked. julien nodded, "it's cute" she smiled.

"alright i'll see you soon kelli!" i said as i ended the live. i turned to julien, "you excited for tonight?" i asked, she nodded and smiled.

we all heard phoebe get back, bo following behind her, he looked sort of angry but i didn't mention it. i decided to go put my dress on, it was a black silky dress, it hugged my curves and ended like mid thigh. i walked out into the living room where phoebe and lucy were sitting, "damn, ivy" phoebe said, "juliens gonna freak. you look hot" she said, making me and lucy laugh. "that dress does look good on you" lucy said, "thanks guys" i giggled.

i saw julien walk out of the bathroom and i turned to her, her jaw dropped a little as she looked me up and down. "you definitely just eye fucked her" phoebe said, making me and lucy laugh, and juliens face turn bright red. "phoebe!" she said, phoebe held her hands up in defense, "what? i'm telling the truth!" she giggled.

julien turned back to me, "don't listen to her. you look beautiful babe" she said, making a slight blush rise to my cheeks. "thank you" i smiled as she kissed me on the cheek.

everyone else eventually got ready and we headed out, the party was being hosted at katie's house.
julien was our designated driver, phoebe rode with bo though.

MUNA was there, and so was kelli. gracie abrams was there as well as a few other musicians we knew.

Juliens POV

we had all decided earlier in the night to leave at 12:30 and it was nearing the end of the night. ivy had gotten so drunk she could barely stand and was crying about everything, lucy was also pretty drunk, and when i found phoebe she was drunk and alone.

"phoebs? we're leaving soon, where's bo?" i asked, her words were slurring as she answered, "he left at 11, he said he would be back soon, he said he would be back at 11:45" she said. "phoebe it's 12:25." i sighed, "you're coming home with us and we'll text him tomorrow, alright?" i said. "no!! he'll be back soon i promise" she said, "phoebe it will make me sick if i know you don't make it home safely tonight. cmon" i grabbed her hand, i think her being drunk and exhausted made her too careless to protest.

i got ivy in the passenger seat, buckling her seatbelt for her, lucy doing the same for phoebe. me and lucy were the most sober out of the 4 of us, and that says a lot considering lucy was pretty drunk, though she'd probably be the only one out of the other two to remember tonight.

ivy had fallen asleep, phoebe was crying with her head on lucy's shoulder about how bo was being inconsiderate, and lucy was just agreeing with whatever she was saying and trying to stay awake.

when we got home lucy got phoebe in her room, and i think she ended up sleeping in her room to make sure she'd be okay.

i got ivy in our bedroom and she was stumbling around and slurring her words. "so tired" she whined, "i know babe, you need to change and take your makeup off before you go to sleep" i said, taking her heels off for her.

she whined and mumbled something, "mhm, here, go into the bathroom and change into these and bring back the makeup wipes, okay?" i said, handing her some pajamas. i changed myself before she was back. she brought the makeup wipes back with tears rolling down her face.

"what's wrong, baby?" i asked, "tired" she cried. "shh, i know," i kissed her forehead, "let me take your makeup off and then you can sleep." i said. i wiped all of her makeup off, "there, all better. you can sleep now hun" i said, kissing her forehead again.

she got under the covers and i followed, snuggling close to her.

the next morning was rough for her, i woke up pretty early, 9AM, to her getting out of bed and running into the bathroom.

i walked in and looked at her sitting at the toilet with her hair tied back, "fuck" she said groggily before looking up at me. i couldn't help but giggle a little, "new years hangover isn't treating you well huh?" i said, "absolutely not." she said shaking her head. "and to top that off, i'm out of ibuprofen" she said frustrated, "i'll ask luce if she has any" i said.

i slowly opened phoebes door making sure to not make much noise incase they were still asleep. lucy lifted her head up a little, trying not to wake phoebe. "do you have any ibuprofen? ivy ran out and her hangover is bad" i whispered, lucy nodded and whispered back, "if you open my mirror cabinet in my room bathroom there's some in there. make sure she eats something first or she'll just throw up more" she said. i nodded and thanked her before going to get it.

ivy ate and took the medicine and we sat in the living room for a bit before lucy joined us. "i think im gonna go get phoebe up and make sure she's okay, she's been out for a while" i said as i stood up and my two friends nodded.

i opened phoebe's door and she looked up at me, her face was red and puffy and her mascara was streaming down her face along with tears. i quietly shut the door behind me, "oh phoebs" i said frowning and walking over to sit on the side of her bed.

i pushed some hair out of her face, "what's wrong?" i said. "he broke up with me" she broke out into a sob, i pulled her close to me into a hug. "im sorry, it's gonna be okay" i said holding her, the door opened to ivy and lucy walking in, she lifted her head from my shoulder. "phoebe what happened?" lucy said, looking sympathetic. she just sobbed, she couldn't get any words out. "bo broke up with her" i sighed, "i loved him! i don't know what i did wrong!" phoebe said.

"you didn't do anything wrong babe" lucy said looking at her and shaking her head, "his loss" ivy chimed in.

"do you guys know if i said anything, if he said anything? i don't remember anything from last night. i know he was pissed all day but i didn't know why" she asked, "no, i did take you home because he left at 11 and told you he'd be back before 12 but never showed up. but i didn't know why, i just didn't want to leave you by yourself, you were so drunk you could barely stand up" i replied. she just shrugged and shook her head.

phoebe eventually ended up in lucy's arms, i think phoebe had slept through her hangover to be honest, she got lucky with that i guess, because ivy had a raging headache and didn't feel well until about 5PM.

a/n: heyyyy this chapter is SO long and i am SO fucking hungover. new years was crazy on my end, this was the third year i got a new years kiss though so the lesbians are winning!!! anyways im finally writing again, it's been a minute. this chapter was 1497 words!!

-E