chapter twelve - holiday festivities

(juliens POV)

dec 1st

one thing about everyone in this house is that we love christmas. i'm not as obsessed as the others, but it is one of my favorite holidays. i woke up to ivy stroking loose hair out of my face, i saw her smile when i woke up. "have yourself a merry little christmasssss" she sang, it was genuinely beautiful, i giggled. "oh my god it's only december first and i'm already getting woken up with christmas music?" i said sarcastically, "yep and you have to deal with it from all of us! and we always decorate on the first, atleast me and lucy do, so get movin jb!" ivy giggled.
she kissed me and i got out of bed.

somehow me and ivy had managed to keep our relationship a secret for a week, i don't know how, i had slipped up a couple of times calling her a nickname every now and then. no one suspected a thing (or so we thought) until this morning.

i grabbed ivy's waist to grab something from the cabinet behind her, "you two and your generosity" phoebe said, giggling. it had been a week, we both looked at eachother, knowing we should probably tell them that now. "so about that" ivy said, i saw lucy snap her head around and phoebes eyes go wide. "me and ivy may have been girlfriends since the day after thanksgiving..." i said, "oh my GOD i told you i saw them kiss!! give me $20 now!" lucy yelled at phoebe, making both me and ivy start laughing.

"YOU BETTED ON US??" ivy asked, cackling. "SURE DID i swear i saw you guys kiss a couple of days ago and phoebe didn't believe me so i said that if you guys tell us you're dating within the next week she owes me $20." lucy said, taking the $20 out of phoebes hand. we were all giggling, i kissed ivy quickly, making the other two girls make fake throw up noises.

"okay besides the very gay stuff that's happening.... there" phoebe pointed at us, "shouldn't we be getting all of the christmas decor out?" she smirked. "on it!" ivy said pulling away from me, running to our storage room. i think this girl is gonna be the one, i know it's only been a week, but i can really feel it.

we had put the tree up, decorated it, put lights on the front of the house (i did that because they said i climb the most and it would be easier, ps, it's not) and i've taken three showers in between that. i was exhausted, i went and plopped on the couch. "cmon julien, we're building gingerbread houses and seeing whose will be the best. its gonna go on one of my 2023 vlogs" ivy said, smiling from the kitchen island. "baby please, i'm so tired" i said, rubbing my eyes.

"it won't be long, plus if you go to bed this early you won't be able to sleep through the night. just hold out a little longer and do this with us, yeah?" she said walking over to me, holding her hand out. i took it and got up. she smiled, "that's my girl" she said, i turned into a red mess.

we were making the gingerbread houses and i was failing miserably. mine was falling down every two seconds and i tried putting candy on it but it kept falling off. lucy's looked the best, ivys was the second best, but me and phoebe's looked horrid. "fucking hell" i said as mine fell down again, everyone was done with theirs. even phoebe. "it's alright bud" lucy said giggling, "why do i actually feel like i'm gonna cry over this. i'm so tired" i said giggling and rubbing my eyes.

"we'll i think we're all....done?" ivy said confused, "so we can watch movies now" she added. we cleaned all of the stuff up and i was the first one to make it to the couch. it was still early, only about 7pm. i think the others made hot chocolate or something but i was too tired to care. i remember ivy snuggling up to me and the grinch started playing, then it all went black.

i woke up to ivy rubbing my shoulder, "jules let's get you in bed" she whispered. i was still half asleep and had no clue what was going on. i grabbed the blanket i was using and drug myself to our room. i got under the covers and ivy tucked me in, "goodnight, love." she whispered, kissing my forehead and getting in bed herself.

———

a/n: ivy VLOGGING??? she's in her yt era yall. anyways, really short chapter i'm sorry!! honestly didn't know what to write after they went to sleep so i just ended it there 😭 i know the boys don't rlly like christmas but... yk. i cant believe the rest ep comes out in two days, me and my girlfriend are going to our local queer owned record shop for a listening party today :)  i'm realllly sad that boygenius tour is over soon tbh. anyways, sorry again for the short chapter i promise i'll make the next one longer and more interesting, much love! <3

-E

(883 words)