chapter four - car wreck

Ivys POV

after getting phoebe's room info from lucy, me and julien made our way to phoebes room.

we walked in, lucy was on phoebes right holding her hand. phoebe smiled at us, you could tell she had been crying, her eyes were bloodshot. "oh my god i'm so glad you're okay" julien said bending down to hug the silver haired girl. "hi pheebs" i said, doing the same thing as julien. me and julien settled on a tiny sofa to phoebes left. phoebe stirred a bit trying to get comfortable, we heard a slight wince escape from her. "you okay bud?" lucy asked, "it's my collarbone, it hurts so bad" phoebe said. "i'm sorry, we'll see if we can get you some painkillers soon" lucy said kissing phoebes forehead as phoebe nodded.

after figuring out phoebe had a broken collarbone and needed surgery next week, she had finally explained what happened. "i was driving down the highway and i was going 75, this person was in the wrong lane, i don't know if they were turning around or if they were just sitting there. anyways they were coming at me headfirst so i went to pull over where i wouldn't get hit, when i went to pull over, my car started sliding and the breaks wouldn't work. my car like slid into a couple of signs and a pole" phoebe said. "i am really glad you're okay phoebe, and i know julien is too, she almost cried earlier" i said, julien now asleep with her head in my lap.

it was now 1am, phoebe finally got the okay to leave, "hey buddy wake up" i shook julien. she looked up at me groggily, "can we leave?" she asked tiredly. "yea it's 1AM, you can go back to sleep when we get home but you gotta get up now" i said as she shook her head. "do you want me to carry you?" i asked her, she nodded. i picked her up as she wrapped her legs around my waist, her arms wrapped around my neck and her head resting on my shoulder. i found this cute in a way, lucy took a picture.

we had made it home, lucy had put phoebe in bed as she was asleep. me and lucy and julien were now all standing in the kitchen, about to go to bed. "can i check on her every now and then?" julien asked, "i'm gonna sleep in her bed with her tonight incase she needs something" lucy said. julien nodded and we all went to our rooms.

once me and julien got settled we into bed, she turned some video off of youtube onto her tv. "i'm really worried about her" julien said, "i promise she's gonna be okay j. i know you love her a lot, and i do too, but i know lucy's got her. lucy has always been a great caretaker for as long as i can remember. she's gonna be all good" i smiled as i brushed her hair out of her face and behind her ear. she nodded and dug her head into my chest.

after a few minutes she lifted her head up, "you've never played one of your songs for me" it almost caught me off guard. "oh- i- do you want to hear one?" i asked, she nodded. "okay" i said getting up and walking to the small keyboard in juliens room. "oh.. we almost got away we cut it close.." i started
——
juliens POV
——————-
it felt like time stopped when she sang the bridge, i had known her for over a year, and i've never heard her sing. it sounded like it was getting to the end and she sang out, "met you at the right time, this is what it feels like" then sat waiting for my reaction.

"holy shit, your voice is amazing ivy" i said in amazement. she turned back towards the keyboard playing a few random keys as she spoke, "i mean not as good as you but maybe wh-" she stopped when i sat down beside her. i smiled, "what?" she giggled out. "i don't know you stopped talking" i giggled. being with her made everything go away. all of my fear from the beginning of the night was gone, she made everything hurt less. i like her, and i'm pretty sure lucy knows that. i know lucy wouldn't care if we're both happy, i just don't know how to tell ivy.

i realized i was spacing out when she patted me on the back, "you good j?" she asked. "oh- yea sorry i zoned out" i replied quickly "that's okay. maybe we should go to bed?" she asked, "i'm not tired anymore" i replied. i was, i was exhausted, i was just scared. i guess she could tell that i was lying, "she's gonna be okay julien, i know it's scary, but lucy's with her. we both know lucy, out of everyone, won't let anything happen to her." she said. i just tightly hugged her. "is this okay?" i whispered. "it's perfect" i heard, then she kissed my temple. i'm glad my face was buried in her shoulder because i know it went red there.

we talked, we talked a lot. "let's get you to bed i can tell you're tired" she said picking me up. i screamed and she hushed me because it was like 4AM, we were both giggling. she threw me on the bed then plopped down beside me, "how the hell did you pick me up?" i said, still giggling. "cmon jb you're TINY" she said giggling, "HEY!!! you're literally 5'3 i don't wanna hear it" i replied. "that's average height you idiot" she said flicking my forehead. "whatever" i responded sarcastically. she turned the lamp beside her off and pulled the covers over us, "go to bed j" she giggled, ruffling my hair. i nodded smiling and turned over, but snuggled up against her.
______________________________________________________

a/n: hey yall!!! shorter chapter bc i wrote this with limited time on me and my girlfriend's balcony while she gets ready (surprise i pull BITCHES) big plans 👀 (just know they're going to be moving very fast because i can't handle them being friends for a year then not dating) anyways i think i'm gonna write the whole book than post a chapter daily, so it's august 26th 2023 rn if anyone cares :p love u guys!!
-E