chapter one - the kickout

november 17th, 2022
ivy's pov

i've always known i liked girls. i was only able to tell my friends when i was around 16 because my family is severely homophobic, my cousin lucy identified as a lesbian for a while, and when she came out her dad was the only one who supported her.
luckily she was 20 when she came out, so she was already in her own house, and couldn't be kicked out by her unsupportive mom.

unlike me, i just came out to my mom, and she wasn't happy about it...
________________________________
20 minutes prior
________________________________

i decided i am finally gonna come out to my mom, after multiple years of knowing my sexuality, i'm finally coming out. we have been talking all day and i was sitting on the couch across from her.

"hey mom.. i wanna tell you something. i don't think you will be happy with it but i think it's been too long without telling you" i said. "if it's about you sneaking out halloween night when you were 16 i already know i dont care." she said. damn i didn't know she knew that.. anyways. "uh no.. i'm.. i'm a lesbian" i said with a worried tone. i saw her heart drop, "okay well i don't support you" she said. "that's fine i.. i just wanted to tell you" i replied. "no like, you better go pack your bags. you're not living under my roof as long as you assign yourself with that label" she said. "mom i really don't think it's that big of a dea-" "now." she cut me off in a stern tone. i walked to my room, and as soon as i got in i started sobbing. i packed a bunch of my clothes up, and all of my electronics.

________________________________
present time
________________________________

i called lucy sobbing, knowing she would be the only person that could help me.
ringing... ringing...ri-

"hello?" she said

"l-luce please can i come crash there tonight i just need to figure this out" i said hyperventilating.

"h- hey ivy slow down, what's wrong?"

"it's mom- i told her i am a lesbian. i-i knew i shouldn't have told her but it was making my anxiety bad and- and she kicked me out can i please just come stay there for a little while"
i explained

"yes of course you can, im on my way" she said.

"thank you thank you so much lucy" i said, slowly calming down.

"of course ivy, i'll be there in 10. see you soon i love you"

"i love you too, see you soon."

________________________________

lucy texted me she was here, so i grabbed my bags, turned my bedroom light off, and walked out. me and my mom glared at each other as i walked to the front door. i turned around and said, "bye mom." and then walked out.

lucy popped her trunk so i could put my bags in it. i put them in and then got in the passenger seat of the car. me and lucy are close, we just haven't been able to talk much over the past two months because she just got off of tour with her band, my very good friends.

"thank you again" i said closing the door.
"no problem, uhm so phoebe and julien live with me and the guest room literally doesn't have a bed in it yet so you can either sleep with me or one of the boys, or on the couch which i would feel bad to make you sleep on the couch" she said, "well i don't wanna be a bother, i can sleep on the couch" i said. "i'm not gonna lie, it's the most uncomfortable couch ever, phoebe's bed feels the same i literally don't understand how she sleeps on it" she said, making me giggle.

"isn't your bed like really fucking small?" i asked, "well yeah but julien slept in it with me until her bed came in, she just said she was uncomfortable" she replied.
"okay ill just sleep with julien if she's okay with it" i said laughing. "okay! they're really excited to see you by the way" she said, "i'm excited to see them, it's been... what, 3 months?" i asked.
me, lucy, julien, and phoebe used to hang out all the time at phoebe's house, until they went on tour.

we pulled in the driveway.
________________________________

a/n: i hope the first chapter is good!! this is my 7th book, the first one i'm publishing :) i know my writing isn't great so i don't mind any tips
(if i publish this chapter by chapter and not just one full book) anyways i hope you enjoy!!

(788 words)