chapter seventeen - pretty girl

(Juliens POV)

After going to phoebe's family dinner, we were all exhausted even though it was only about 8PM. when we got home i got a shower, and ivy followed right behind me.

i was laying on the bed on my phone, wet hair with a sports bra and grey sweatpants on. ivy walked in with wet hair, a shirt of mine, and some baggy pants on. my eyes parted from my phone to her, she smiled and walked over to me to lean down and kiss me. "hey pretty girl" she smiled, "hi darlin' " i smile back.

"ready for bed?" i ask as she lays down beside me, "yea, im excited though. i love christmas, i can never sleep because im so excited for it the next day. im excited to show you what i got you." she smiled. i love when she talks about things that she loves. the way she smiles and the little outer skin of her eyes crinkle up, the way her dimples show and her smiles grows. she's just perfect.

"earth to julien" ivy waved her hand infront of my face, "huh what? sorry i zoned out" i said. "yeah i figured" she giggled, "wanna watch a movie or something before we go to bed?" she asked. "i'm gonna fall asleep during it" i replied, "that's fine," she smiled. "even if you're not awake the whole time it's fine" she kissed my forehead.

i nodded and she put a charlie browns christmas on, "you like charlie brown movies, huh?" i asked, "yea, i mean i can change it if you don't wanna watch it i j-" she was quick to respond. i cut her off, "no, no honey i was just making an observation, we can watch it" i said, furrowing my brows and brushing loose eyelashes away from her eyes.

she gave me sort of a sad look, it made me feel so bad. i figured that the panic had something to do with her past, but i wasn't gonna bring it up, not if she's not ready to talk about it. "sorry" she said extremely quietly, but loud enough for me to hear. "no apologies, it's okay hun" i said.

it was silent for a few minutes before she spoke up again, "i like them for snoopy — the movies" she said pointing at the tv. i nodded, "i love snoopy" i said smiling, she nodded in agreement.

i fell asleep shortly after and woke up a couple of times in the middle of the night to ivy moving around, but besides that i slept pretty well.

i woke up first but i decided to try and let ivy sleep considering she didn't fall asleep until later, until phoebe came into our room at 7AM with a sugar high on candy she found.

"phoebe she's asleep!" i whisper scream at the silver haired girl, "exactly why im trying to wake her up, dumbass" phoebe said rolling her eyes at me.

ivy stirred a little, "phoebe, for fucks sake! don't wake her up! i'm pretty sure she went to bed like 3 hours ago" i whisper again, phoebe just giggled in response.

i grabbed her by the shoulders and walked out of my room into lucy's, lucy was half asleep on her phone. she looked at me confused, "get her ass. she's trying to wake ivy up even though she's only been asleep for 3 and a half hours" i said to lucy, "right... and why do i have to take care of her?" lucy asked.

"damn. i'm right here" phoebe said, me and lucy both looked at her. "two hours. if she wakes up before then it's fine. just give her two hours, i feel bad" i said. phoebe just layed at the end of lucy's bed as i walked out.

it had been a while, ivy turned over to me. she smiled big, "hi baby" i whispered smiling. "merry christmas" she said, pecking my lips.  "and merry Christmas to you too" i smile.