chapter seven - drink

(Juliens POV)

me, ivy, and lucy were blasting taylor swift and baking a cake. ivy had a couple of drinks and lucy had one beer. ivy had her hair tied up in a bun, a baggy shirt on along with what looked like some of lucy's old shorts. i had a black shirt on with some baggy jorts and lucy had sort of the same just a white shirt.

the timer finally went off, we had waited for the cake to bake and cool so we could put icing on it. i could hear ivy screaming "right where you left me" by taylor swift in the kitchen as i got up, making me giggle. lucy turned the speaker down some making ivy frown, "dude you're gonna get us a noise complaint" lucy giggled. "but taylorrrrr" ivy said. "time to ice the cake!!" i said grabbing the icing. "wait i wanna write something on it after you put the main thing of icing on" ivy said, i nodded in response.

after icing it ivy wrote "GAY" in big bubble letters, which made her cackle to herself. "you're a big goof" i said grinning. "julien i was literally trying to draw you" ivy giggled again, "very funny ivy" i replied. lucy was just giggling at us, "ivy how much are you going to drink tonight?" lucy asked. "i don't know luce, probably a lot. i need it" she said. "just be careful" lucy looked at her with stern eyes, ivy nodded in response.

lucy turned to me, "and if you decide to drink pl-" she started, "i'm not, and i know" i smiled. it was nice having phoebe and lucy to look over me, i know they don't want me to fall back but i knew i'd be okay. it did get too much sometimes, i'd like to be a normal person that can have a beer or two without being heavily monitored, but it's whatever.

as lucy was walking to her room, it was nearly 12AM, she whispered in my ear. "she's emotional when she's drunk, take care of your girl" lucy said as she walked off, making me smile and nod back at her.

boy was lucy telling the truth, it was around 1AM and ivy was so drunk she could barely function. she said something that sounded like a different language, all i could make out was "julien"
she said "je t'aime vraiment bien Julien, comment ? faire? des mots, euh, et toi ?"

she looked confused and her eyes got all watery, "ivy i don't know what you said but it's okay hun" i said rubbing her arm. "french....you...don't french?" she said even more confused, her words were slurring so much i could barely understand her. "no i don't, darling" i said, hoping this would calm her down or make her look less confused. she nodded, then started again, "julien?" she asked. "yeah?" i said tilting my head, "don't feel good" she said shaking her head.

"like, throw up kind of not feeling good?" i asked, she nodded in return. i quickly stood up and helped her get to her feet and into the bathroom, she kneeled down and i pulled her hair (that she ended up taking down) out of her face. "how about you stop drinking for tonight, yeah?" i asked as she nodded. she threw up a couple of times before turning to me and starting to cry. "it's okay" i said as i pulled her into my lap. "you're okay" i said again, she looked up at me "i didnt like that". "i know you didn't hun, but that's why maybe next time you shouldn't drink as much as you did tonight" i said, making her nod.

after a while of consoling her, she randomly blurted out,
"i like you a lot julien." lord i knew she wouldn't remember this but it made my smile grow a mile long. "i like you too ivy" i said giving her temple a small kiss, she hummed in response. "you think you wanna sleep now?" i asked as she looked up at me with her tear stained face and nodded. i helped her up and into the bedroom.
she got under the covers and i helped her get comfortable, "okay i'll be back soon, sleep well ivy" i said kissing her forehead as she fell asleep almost immediately.

i walked back into the kitchen, pouring the rest of her drink out, and putting the cake away. i tiptoed back into the bedroom and into the bed.

8AM

i woke up, feeling a cold spot beside me where ivy laid before. i sat up and rubbed my eyes, throwing my legs out of the covers to go find ivy. i walked into the hallway seeing that the only light on was from the bathroom. i peeked my head in and saw her sitting there beside the toilet.

she looked up at me, "hey buddy, how are you feeling?" i asked, sitting beside her. "hungover as shit." she said groggily, "understandable" i nodded. "did i do anything stupid?" she asked, "cried alot, and threw up" i responded. i didnt know if i should have told her about the confession of her saying she liked me or not. "you also told me you liked me" her eyes went wide, "oh i am too hungover to have this conversation" she said as we both giggled.
"it's okay" i said, kissing her temple. she leaned into my touch, "i feel like shit" she said.

"i know you do, is there any medicine you can take for it?" i asked, she nodded. "ibuprofen, it's in my nightstand drawer" she replied, i got up and got the ibuprofen. i gave her a glass of water and two pills to take. "the last thing i remember is screaming right where you left me then that's it" she said rubbing her head. i giggled a bit and then remembered more events from the night before.

"oh- by the way — you spoke to me in a different language? you said 'french? you don't french?' so i'm assuming it was french but all i know is that i couldn't understand it, and i had no clue you spoke a different language" i giggled. "oh my god yeah, my dad is french and we visited france a lot when i was a kid. i tend to do that when i get drunk but then realize that alot of my friends don't understand french" she said, making me nod.

we heard footsteps coming to the bathroom, looking up to see lucy about to walk in. "oh hey guys" she said, "i told you not to go too hard on the drinking" she scolded ivy. "i don't remember that so i'm assuming you told me that when i was drunk" ivy replied as i giggled. lucy just shook her head, "well i need to piss can you guys get out" she said, making us both stand up and head to the kitchen.

we were both standing in the kitchen, ivy looked like she was thinking extremely hard about something. "you okay?" i asked, making her jump out of her trance. "yea" she nodded, "you can always talk to me ivy" i said, rubbing her shoulder. our eyes were locked into one anothers, we both snapped our heads around hearing the front door open.

phoebe came in, "guys bo — he asked me to be his girlfriend" she said making me and ivys jaws drop. "oh my god did you say yes?" ivy asked with a sheepish grin, "duh!" phoebe replied. "phoebe bridgers gets bitches!!" i said giggling, "we've known this jules" she said. lucy ran out of her room, "HE DID WHAT" she yelled. "HE ASKED ME TO BE HIS GIRLFRIEND" phoebe screamed back, lucy nearly tackled phoebe to the ground with a hug

the rest of the day wasn't much, mostly just dealing with ivys hangover and chilling around the house.

————

a/n: hi!! so basically the same night i wrote the last chapter, i passed out in the shower and my girlfriend had to rush me to the ER so that wasn't very fun. i had the flu, food poisoning, and passed out all back to back in a timespan of like two weeks, but besides that i guess life has been fine? anyways doctors are pretty sure i have POTS but i haven't been to work in a week (i'm probably gonna quit tbh) but life going crazy rn