chapter nineteen - surprise !

(Ivy's POV)

me and julien were just laying in bed, it was about 2PM, january 8th, i had just woken up from a nap about 45 minutes ago and she was reading.

it had been a week since phoebe and bo broke up, and phoebe was having a rough time. she left the house a few hours ago though, im not quite sure what for.

my phone started buzzing as a facetime from phoebe popped up on my screen, i answered. 

she had her phone in her lap as she was driving, "heyyyy" she said mischievously. julien put her book down and scooted closer to me to see the phone. "hey?" i said back, "so i did something super impulsive... and im not quite sure if lucy is gonna kill me or be excited" she said.
"oh god, what'd you do?" julien said before i could, "uhm... well" phoebe said, picking up her phone and showing the front camera a small black pug in her passenger seat.

me and julien both gasped, and then i cooed. "aww! what's its name?" i said, "her name is maxine, she's like 6 months old" phoebe giggled. julien looked in awe, it was so cute.

we talked for a few minutes, "okay, ill be home in about 2 minutes, is luce home?" phoebe asked. i looked at julien for an answer not knowing if lucy had left when i was asleep, "yeah but she's been in her room" julien said. "fuck... okay, i'll see you two soon. i'm about to pull in the driveway" she said, hanging up the phone.

me and julien both got out of bed, going to unlock the front door. phoebe walked in holding the puppy, i tried hushing my coo's as i took the puppy from phoebe so she could set her stuff down.

"okay so im thinking we just go into her room and place maxine on her bed?" phoebe said unsure, "sounds like a plan" julien said in response.

i handed maxine back to phoebe and we all walked to lucy's room, phoebe knocked on lucy's door. we heard a faint "come in!", phoebe only popped her head in, making sure that lucy couldn't see maxine.

"oh hey, you're home" lucy said, "yeah uhm, okay you can't be mad" phoebe said. lucy's eyes glared at her, "phoebe lucille bridgers. what. did. you. do." she said, we walked in and phoebe placed maxine on her bed. lucy's eyes lightened up as maxine walked to her, "aww! wait is this like ... yours?" lucy asked and phoebe nodded.

we all played with maxine for a while, lucy was surprisingly happy about it.

i'm supposed to start college courses in about a week, it's just a community college but i have the choice to go irl or do online. considering my extreme anxiety i would probably stick to online, but that's besides the point.

i was sitting on julien and i's bed, finishing a song i'd been writing. julien walked in, "hey" she said, coming to sit beside me. i looked up and smiled, "hi" "what're you up to? she said, looking down at the few pieces of paper crumbled beside my notebook. "finishing a song" i said looking up at her, she kissed me quickly before pulling away to speak again.

"so.. in march i have to go back to nashville for my dads birthday, and i was thinking about bringing you and the boys along, if you want" she said, my eyes lit up, "aw jules! i would love to go" i smiled widely. a big goofy smile stretched across her face, "good because i already bought our plane tickets" she giggled.

                                instagram

                                instagram

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

@ivorydacus: here's the new addition to our household :)  her name is maxine and i'm claiming my label as her perfect fun aunt rn @phoebebridgers

ओह! यह छवि हमारे सामग्री दिशानिर्देशों का पालन नहीं करती है। प्रकाशन जारी रखने के लिए, कृपया इसे हटा दें या कोई भिन्न छवि अपलोड करें।

@ivorydacus: here's the new addition to our household :)  her name is maxine and i'm claiming my label as her perfect fun aunt rn @phoebebridgers

           comments disabled for this post

a/n: HEY BITCHESSSS it's literally mid january
(jan 20th) and me and my girlfriend are stuck inside (ON HER 21st BIRTHDAY ☹️) because of a snow storm so while she takes a nap i'm writing this, warning that next chapter is a big time skip and things get deep so prepare yourselves. ily :)

this is such a short chapter 😭

(704 words)

LUCYS COUSIN - a julien baker fanficजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें