chapter sixteen - thats what we do

(Ivys POV)

it was the next day, me lucy and phoebe were at the airport to pick jb up.

we waited, standing there and talking until i heard a familiar voice shout. "hey!" julien said, about a few meters away. my face lit up and i ran to hug her, nearly taking her and myself to the ground. "there's my girl!" she said spinning me around, smiling and kissing my cheek, i smiled and kissed her cheek back.

"oh my gosh you guys act like it's been a year without eachother" a tired phoebe said, rolling her eyes. "we're lesbians, phoebe. that's what we do!" julien said, making all of us laugh.

julien was super exhausted from jet lag that day, but we wanted to keep her up until night time so she would be able to sleep. we all went ice skating that day, me and julien took a few pictures kissing and dancing around on the ice, which lucy thought was adorable.

when it was time for bed me and julien talked for a bit. i was glad to have her back.

"y'know i bought you a couple of presents while i was in nashville" she said, "i got you a few presents too" i smiled up at her.

she was playing with my hair, my head on her chest. "i'm really glad to have you back" i said in a soft tone, "me too, honey" she says, planting a kiss on my temple. "those nightmares you talked about.. you wake me up if you need to, if they happen again, alright?" she said, i nodded. "i will.. thank you" i said, forcing a smile. all she did was kiss my cheek in return.

she turned over to turn her lamp off and then cuddled back up to me, pulling the covers over us.

i woke up pretty early, julien was still asleep. i looked up at her, she was so beautiful. i was just taking in all of her features, like the way her hair falls a certain way, how her nose is always redder than the rest of her face, the tiny crinkles in the the corners of her eyes that are more visible when she's smiling, the way her brows furrowed and created little wrinkles on her forehead, the few loose eyelashes on her cheeks, the way she would slightly grip onto my arm while she dreamt, the way her lips were slightly parted as she slept, the way her chest rose and fell with every breath she took. it's almost crazy to think how that's what's keeping her alive.

"you're staring" i hear her say, i had no clue she was awake so i was startled. "you're beautiful" i said, smiling back at her. she kissed me for a moment and we both giggled.

"MERRY CHRISTMAS EVE LOVEBIRDS!!" phoebe said, busting the door open as lucy follows behind her. me and julien giggle loudly, they both have christmas hats on with two others in their hands, lucy's videoing. me and julien sit up as phoebe throws the hats at us. "put those on you fuckers" she smirks.

"oh god" julien says as she puts the hat on, i follow. lucy points the camera at us, both me and juliens messy hair going everywhere, our bodies still being halfway intertwined, we're giggling, there's a slight blush in juliens cheeks, the covers on our bed are tangled in between us and strayed around the bed, our clothes wrinkled and loose from the night before. the moment was perfect.

a little later we decided to get up and go out, just until phoebes family's christmas eve dinner. we decided to roam around LA for a bit.
when we got home i decided to post an instagram post.
—————————————————————————
instagram

 —————————————————————————instagram