Fears

Seven's Room

I am standing in his room. I look out on the balcony where he is standing collecting his emotions. I walk out and stand next to him. 

I look at him. "Seven. Seven fears."

He nods looking at me. "Seven then, seven now. I've just learned to suppress the last one. I keep going in there but they never change." He looks back out at the base. I see the top of his tattoo that is drawn up his neck slightly. 

I look at the ground and then at him. "Can I ask you something?"

He looks at me. "What?" 

I smile. "What's your tattoo?" 

Seven smirks. "Wanna see it?" I shrug and nod. He takes a deep breath and takes off his shirt. His muscles show perfectly in the pale lights. He turns his back to me. 

I run a gentle hand down his spine. "It's amazing. Your fears." A winding vine pattern all over his back. Seven circles lay throughout the design. A ladder in one, a box in the other, a gun, water, fire, a clown, and then the little boy's face. "That was your brother wasn't it?" He nods. "Why your fears?"

He sighs. "They are the ugly side of me but they make me who I am." 

He turns and looks at me. "They aren't ugly Seven. They are you." He looks down at me for a minute. He scoops me up pulling me into him and kissing me passionately. My hands run over his muscles resting in his hair. He caresses my back. The kiss turns needy. I break the kiss and smile placing my thumb on his lower lip. "I don't wanna go too fast."

He places his forehead on mine as we try to catch our breaths. "That's ok." I nod. "I think I've got my spot on the floor." I laugh. "Let's go to bed." 

I nod. "Ok."

We lay in bed cuddling all night. His scent is intoxicating to me. His areas are so inviting and safe. 

I wish it could be like this forever.