Control Room

I reach the building on Monroe and State. I walk in and check the place out. I hear some movement and look around. Lucy, my mom, Amanda, and a man resembling Seven walk out from around the corner.

 Lucy, my mom, Amanda, and a man resembling Seven walk out from around the corner

Lucy runs to me

Lucy runs to me. "Flame!" My mom hugs me. 

She looks at me. "Your father?" I shake my head as tears well in my eyes. Amanda walks over and hugs me. 

I sniffle. "He saved me. He saved me." 

The man resembling Seven looks at me. "We need to leave here."

I look at him. "Luke Eden." 

He nods. "How many soldiers are outside?" 

I shake my head. "None. It's clear." Lucy cries. I hug her tightly. 

Amanda hugs herself. "Why is this happening? I don't understand. Why are the soldiers fighting us?"

I shake my head. "They don't know what they are doing. They are in a simulation. We need to wake them up. I need to get into headquarters at the base. "

Luke shakes his head. "It's a fortress. It's not gonna happen."

I frown and look at him. "I can get us in there." We suit up grabbing all the guns, ammo, and knives we can find. We head for the train.

We climb the posts up to the tracks. We run for the train hopping on it as it goes. 

We reach the checkpoint for the base. 

I turn and look at every one. "Get ready. We have to jump onto the roof." Everyone looks at me like I'm crazy except for my mom. She scoops up Lucy and we jump. We run over to a hole in the roof. "There's a net at the bottom." I climb up onto the small barricade around it. "Don't think. Just jump." One by one everyone jumps into the whole. I help them out and then look at them. "We good?" Everyone nods. "Let's go." 

We run down the hallway and I peek around the corner. Dameon stands guard walking back and forth. 

I look behind me at everyone

I look behind me at everyone. "Wait here." I walk up behind him kicking his gun from his hands. "Against the wall." I point a gun at him. He doesn't move. "Against the wall." I shove him into the brick and then continue to point my gun at him. "How are you awake?" 

Dameon scoffs. "Cause I'm smarter than you and they need me."

I roll my eyes. "Where are they controlling it from?"

He tilts his head. "Why would I tell you that? It's not like you're gonna shoot me."

I frown. "Why does everyone keep saying that?!" I shoot him in the shoulder. He slams against the wall. I point at him forcefully with the gun. "Where are they controlling it from?!" 

He leads us to a door. 

Luke looks at me. "Did you really need to shoot him?"

I scoff. "Every minute that we waste another innocent dies and another soldier becomes a murderer. Dameon come on." We walk through the door and cover behind a corner. I peek around it and see the double steel doors heavily guarded. I look at Dameon. "That's it?" He nods. "I've seen Sargent go in there. That's where he's controlling it from." Amanda peaks out from around the corner and then looks at me. 

She grabs my gun. "Like you said. No second to waste." I nod at her. She steps out and opens fire. 

My eyes widen. "Amanda no!" We all come out from cover to help her. She is shot and goes down. I look around for others and don't see any. I turn around and see Lucy kneeling next to her crying. I look at Luke. "Watch Lucy. Im going in there." I reload and take a deep breath. I push open the doors. 

I hope you are in there Seven.