you're sick while she's on tour (requested)

The sound of your phone ringing awoke you from your sleep.

With heavy eyes, you reached for it before answering it with your eyes barely open.

"Hello?"

"Hey, my love," Yeji spoke.

Your eyes flew open and you shifted around on the bed, hoping she wouldn't hear the machines in the background.

"Hi, baby. How was your day?"

"Good. Yeah, the show was incredible." She replied. "How about you? How was your day?"

You looked around your hospital room as you bit your lip worriedly.

The last thing you want to do is concern Yeji.

But you also know that telling her wouldn't be a great idea as she'd probably get on the earliest flight back to you.

"Hello? Y/N?"

You realized how quiet you had gone and quickly stammered out a reply.

"Not too bad. Can't complain much I guess."

"Oh, really?" She asked. "So you're not in the hospital right now?"

You closed your eyes and shook your head with a sigh.

"Who told you?"

"Your best friend, the one that drove you there because you were so sick you couldn't get there on your own! Baby, why didn't you tell me?"

"Because I didn't want to worry you." You sighed. "I mean, I know it's too late for that. But I know you, Yeji, and I knew you would get on the soonest flight possible. You're on tour. People are counting on you."

"Baby, I don't care about the tour right now when you're sick and in the hospital. You're my girl. You come first, you know that." She replied with a soft voice.

The guilt you felt faded away and you cracked a small smile as you listened to her voice.

"I'm sorry for not telling you. It's only the flu though, if it makes you feel better."

"It does not." She said. "I'm coming home."

"No, Yeji, you can't-"

"I can, actually, and I am. No one is going to stop me from being with my girl. I love you and I'm worried about you. Even if it's just a couple of days, I'm coming back to be with you." She insistently told you.

You knew nothing you could say could change her mind.

She was already adamant on this and nothing was going to stop her from being by your side.

"I love you so much. I'll be there soon. I'm already on my way to the airport."

"Why does that not surprise me?" You chuckled and she did the same. "I love you too. It'll be nice to have you here with me. This hospital room is so uncomfortable when you're here alone. I miss you."

"I miss you too, darling. But I'll see you soon, I promise. You won't be in that uncomfortable room by yourself for very long." She smiled. "I'll be by your side in no time."

"I look forward to it." You happily said before ending the call and setting your phone aside again.

You closed your tired eyes and began to fall asleep as a smile pulled at your lips.

Being this sick sucked and being in the hospital because of it was very scary at first.

But now that Yeji is coming home, you're not scared at all, and you can't wait to have her here with you again.

To have her hand wrapped in yours, to feel her soft lips on your warm forehead, and to have her close once more was all you truly wanted.

You're very lucky and you know that.