you hit your head in the bathtub - part two (requested)

Before the medics arrived, Yeji made sure to get you into a pair of sweats and a t-shirt before cradling you as she frantically continued to try and get you to wake up.

But it didn't work.

You still wouldn't open your eyes.

As the medics arrived, Yeji explained to them what had happened and they quickly put you on the stretcher to hurry you to the hospital.

The whole way there, Yeji held your hand tightly as she pleaded through her tears for you to wake up.

When you arrived, she tried to follow you into the room so she could keep holding your hand in case you woke up.

But they wouldn't allow her back there.

"You can come in. I'm sorry." A nurse told her.

Feeling more unsure and terrified than she's ever felt before, she sank onto the floor with her back against the wall.

She could hear them calling things out, such as a possible concussion, which terrified your already fragile and scared girlfriend.

The doctor came out a moment later and sat down beside Yeji, explaining the situation to her.

"So she has some bleeding from the wound on her head. We're going to take her for a few X-rays and see if she has any long-term damage. We're especially worried that she might have a hematoma or a traumatic head injury."

Yeji sniffled as her heart dropped.

That was absolutely terrifying to hear.

"Will she be okay?"

"I can't tell you for certain just yet. We have tests to do and we have to see just how bad her wound is. Only once we've figured that out will we know. I'm sorry."

A couple of hours went by and Yeji was getting more frantic and concerned by the minute.

She couldn't sit down anymore; she was pacing the hall and biting her nails as anxiety rushed over her.

Finally, the doctor stepped out and updated her.

"She's awake."

Yeji breathed out a sigh of relief.

"I see no signs of anything serious or long-lasting damage as far as the bleeding goes. That stopped pretty quickly after she arrived, so she's okay there. However, she does have a little concussion."

"Will she be alright?"

And this time, Yeji felt relieved about the answer.

"Yes. In time. She needs to rest and take it easy for a while. However, she's not being very cooperative because she's asking for you and won't do anything we say until she has you by her side."

Yeji hurried into the room to be with you.

Running to your side, she gave you a soft kiss on your forehead and then threw her arms around you to give you a huge squeeze.

"I was so scared! I was so worried about you. I thought I was going to lose you."

"You're never going to lose me, baby." You said as you attempted to squeeze her back.

"I'm so happy you're okay!" She said before kissing your face. "How do you feel?"

"My head hurts and I'm a little nauseous but I'll be okay."

"Good." She smiled as she brushed a lock of hair behind your ear. "My sweet girl, I'm so relieved that you're alright. I love you so much."

"I love you too."

She pecked your lips softly before holding you close.

Though it's going to be a while before you heal up, Yeji knows things could be much worse and she's just grateful that you're going to be alright.

Especially since she's going to be there to take care of you through it all, every step of the way.