you flinch during an argument (requested)

"Why are you being so dramatic, baby? It was one date I missed, y/n." Yeji sighed as she tangled her fingers in her hair.

You just scoffed and folded your arms over your chest, wondering how she dared to say that.

You've been arguing since she got home about ten minutes ago. You reminded her about the date she missed today and it caused a huge argument because she seems so confused as to why you're so upset.

"One date? Yeah, Yeji, you're right. But it's the first one we've had the chance to go on in weeks! You've been so busy and you promised you'd be there. You didn't even call or text me to tell me you'd be stuck in practice later than planned. You just let me sit all alone, waiting on you!"

She groaned and dropped her forehead onto the counter.

"Why are you so frustrated with me? You're not even trying to be understanding about why I'm aggravated about this!"

"Because it's not a big deal! You know I'll make it up to you."

"When, Yeji? Tell me when. You're always so busy. Things just come up, things out of your control. Isn't that what you told me a few minutes ago?"

"You can't trust me when I say that I'll make it up to you?" She asked and rolled her eyes.

"Don't roll your eyes at me and don't talk about not trusting you when you say things like that because you know that's untrue. I trust you with my life. I just want you to understand how I feel and how you let me down today."

She just shook her head and started to walk from the kitchen and to the stairs.

You didn't want to keep arguing but you wanted to work things out and talk like adults about your problems.

"Yeji, please!"

You followed her and tried to take her hand but she pulled away with a frustrated groan and turned around.

She went to brush the hair out of her face but you just saw her moving her hand and the look of frustration mixed with annoyance and you just panicked and flinched.

Yeji was crushed when she saw you flinch. She was silent for a second as she tried to find the words to say as it sank in that you thought she was so upset with you that she was about to put her hands on you.

"Y/N?" She whispered. "Baby, did you think I was going to hit you?"

You swallowed thickly and stared at her, noticing the tears in her eyes.

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry for arguing with you. I'm sorry if I raised my voice or hurt your feelings but you have to know it, you have to believe me when I say I would never, ever, not ever, put my hands on you like that. I love you so much. I'd never hurt you, my love."

"I know. I'm sorry." You said and she shook her head and held you close as you hugged her.

"Sorry? You're sorry? You have no reason to be sorry. I should apologize to you. I'm sorry I missed our date. I know it must've hurt you and I let you down and I hate knowing I did that. From now on, I will not stay late. When we have a date planned, I will be there. I swear it to you."

"Thank you." You said as you kept your cheek on her chest.

"And I will make it up to you. Yes, the girls and I have a lot coming up but you are everything to me and I will make it up to you. You name a place and a time and I will be there."

"Okay. I'll think about it and let you know. For now, though, I hope you know I do understand you and what you're saying and I know you wouldn't hurt me, not ever."

"Never, baby. And I know you understand. You're amazing like that; always so understanding with me, and it means a lot. But I love you so much. This is never going to happen again. I promise."

"I love you too." You said and lifted your head before kissing her and then putting your head on her shoulder, feeling as safe in her embrace as you always do.