she falls asleep on your lap

Yeji sent you a big smile as she stepped out of the bathroom. She just finished brushing her teeth while you started up a movie to watch. It's her day off and Yeji intends to spend every second possible by your side. She's been working hard and could use some quality time with you.

But when she crawled back into bed with you and you saw the dark circles under her eyes, you knew she needed some rest, too. Her eyes looked heavy but she was trying hard not to let it show.

But she needed and deserved some good sleep. It was still early morning and the entire day was still ahead of you. You've got plenty of time to spend together, while also having plenty of time for her to rest.

"Yeji?"

She looked back at you with those starry eyes of hers. You patted your lap and she laid her head down on it without any hesitation.

"You look so sleepy." You mumbled as you began to play with her long hair. Twirling some strands around your fingertips and scratching her head lightly, you stared down at her adoringly. Her eyes were slipping shut but she'd open them again as soon as they did. She was trying hard to fight the urge to sleep.

"I'm okay. I want to spend some time with my girl. I need to." She said, gazing up at you.

Using your other hand to caress her cheek, you watched a smile small tug at her lips as she closed her eyes and leaned into your touch. She turned her head slightly so her lips could brush against your wrist ever so softly.

"I'll still be right here." You whispered softly. "We've got the whole day to spend together, baby. You should try to catch up on sleep for a little while."

"You won't move?"

"I won't go anywhere. I'll hold you the whole time. I promise."

She breathed out a soft sigh. Since she closed her eyes when you caressed her cheek, she has yet to open them. You could tell she was too tired to try. You didn't mind at all though, as she drifted off to sleep on your lap feeling as cozy as can be.

You found yourself watching her breathe more than you watched the film playing. You were lost in everything about her, knowing you were more in love with her than words could say.

You leaned down to lay a lingering kiss on her forehead.

"I love you. Sweet dreams." You whispered against her skin and then put your head back against the headboard and turned back to the movie to let her sleep peacefully.