you're scared of the dark

Yeji held you a little tighter when the clap of thunder outside the window made you jump.

You relaxed a little when she leaned down to kiss your forehead softly and then returned to brushing her fingers along your arms as you sat with your back against her chest on the bed with a cozy movie playing.

Although your date night out had been ruined by the terrible storm hitting, you're feeling just as content, if not more, with your date night in with Yeji.

You ordered takeout and have been wrapped in her arms throughout the evening with all some good movies playing.

You're not exactly scared of the storm, but you tend to jump whenever the rain pours harder on the roof or the thunder will clap loudly outside the window.

You're trying to stay calm though and you find that most of your worries have vanished with Yeji keeping you close to her.

But that all changed when the once bright room turned pitch-black. You jumped, a surprised gasp falling from your lips.

You felt Yeji lay her hand on your lower back for comfort as she felt around the bed for her phone. Once she found it, she turned on the flashlight and had you turn around so she could see your face.

She could see the worry in your eyes and heard your breathing becoming a little shaky from fear.

"You okay?"

"I'm scared of the dark." You said and jumped again when a branch bumped the window from the harsh wind blowing outside.

"There's no need to be afraid. I'm here with you. You know you're always safe and secure with me."

You nodded and dropped your cheek against her shoulder. You found comfort in her secure arms, despite the darkness and the terrible storm continuing to rage outside.

"What do we do now?" You mumbled as you pulled away to look at her.

Her flashlight allowed enough light for you to see her face. She was thinking hard, trying to figure out a way for you to spend the hours ahead of the night.

Usually, you'd end up going back to your own place after your date night. But the storm wasn't gonna stop and there was no way Yeji was gonna let you out of her sight now.

"My phone is gonna die soon. Let me find some candles and we'll think of something." She said and gave you a smile before the light on her phone turned off as her phone died, causing you to jump again. "It's okay, don't worry. I'll be back in just a minute." She promised and kissed your head softly.

She planned to go find some candles, to only be gone for a moment. But she felt you take ahold of her hand as soon as she stood up.

"Don't go." You mumbled.

"I'm gonna be back in just a moment. If you need anything, you can yell and I'll come running. But I promise that everything will be just fine and I won't be long."

You dropped her hand and let her leave. You hugged your knees and tried to stay calm, but every creak of a floorboard under her feet or the branches bumping against the window almost made you jump out of your skin.

But after a couple of minutes, Yeji returned with lit candles. She set them throughout the room and even lit a couple more to make sure the room was bright.

"See? All good. No more darkness."

You held out your hand for her to take and when she smiled at you and intertwined your fingers together, you pulled her onto the bed beside her. She giggled happily, only becoming silent when she felt your lips hit hers.

You moved your lips against hers for a moment. You kept the kiss sweet and slow and it was made even more romantic with the candles surrounding you.

But you pulled away only a moment later and kissed the tip of her nose.

"Thank you."

"For what?" She giggled and ran her hand along your back.

"For being by my side and making me feel better when I was scared."

She booped your nose playfully and then pecked your lips before she said,

"You know I'd do anything for you, my love."

You fell onto the bed beside her. She held your hand as you both sat in silence, the only sounds being from the storm and your soft breaths.

"What should we do? I mean, it's still early and I'm not sleepy. We've got the whole night ahead. How do we spend it?" You asked curiously and she gazed at you, a look of adoration in her eyes as she brushed a lock of hair behind your ear.

"We could play some games."

You nodded happily and she left the room to grab some games, returning a moment later. She put them at the foot of the bed before bringing you into her arms, making you chuckle and furrow your eyebrows in confusion.

"We'll play in a few. How about we cuddle for a few minutes?"

You nodded and leaned in to steal a kiss from her lips, finding that you craved the taste of her lips and the mood was just perfect with the candles burning bright around you.

Everything was perfect and there was no one you'd rather spend this power outage with than Yeji.

Your worries and fears were all gone now, completely out of your mind with Yeji by your side to care for you and keep you safe and warm.