only a prank (requested)

Yeji's fingers brushed across your skin as you listened to her heartbeat.

With her arms wrapped around you, your head is on her chest as you melt over her touch.

"I've missed you." You said as you stared up at her.

The way her eyes filled with stars as they met yours caused your heart to skip beat after beat.

"I've missed you too."

It feels like it's been forever since you've had an evening to spend together.

So you're cherishing this one more than usual.

You closed your eyes as she leaned in, her lips so close to yours that you could feel her breath fanning against your lips.

But just as they met yours, you heard her phone start to ring, and it caused you to jump out of surprise.

Yeji pulled away and reached for her phone as you groaned in annoyance.

"Is it one of the girls?" You curiously asked.

She shook her head before answering the call.

"Hello?"

Her eyes went big and she cleared her throat before lowering her phone.

"I'll be back in a second."

She kissed your forehead before she left the room, going across the hall to the guest room for some privacy.

You didn't think much of it at first.

But something she said before the door closed made you freeze with worry.

"No, sorry, that was my girl. But I'm here, baby. Talk away."

Baby?

You got up and quietly walked across the hall to the room.

You put your ear against the door and listened in.

"I miss you too." She giggled. "Do you want to meet up tomorrow? For another date?"

That was enough.

In anger, you opened the door, and Yeji's eyes went wide in shock.

"What the hell is going on?"

"Uh, I can explain," she said as she put her phone down.

"Yeah? Good. I'm waiting."

She burst into giggles a few seconds later, increasing your anger while adding some confusion to it.

"What's so funny!?"

"Nothing! I'm just happy that I've finally pulled off a prank on you."

"What?" You scoffed.

"That was a prank, baby!"

"I don't believe you." You said as she got off the bed.

With her phone unlocked still, she came over to show you her proof of the prank.

"See who called me?"

Lia.

It was her most recent call.

"See how long that call lasted?"

Less than a minute.

It was only a prank.

She was being honest about that.

Nonetheless, you were unhappy about it.

"That wasn't funny." You said as you folded your arms over your chest and went back into the bedroom.

"Oh, come on, my love. You pull pranks on me all the time. I just wanted to pull one back on you. It worked!" She grinned as she pulled you into her arms.

You tried to escape but she wouldn't let you.

"I thought you were cheating on me."

"What?" She frowned. "I never would. I love you. Only you."

"I love you too." You sighed.

"You know I'd never do that to you, don't you?"

You looked into her eyes, nodding your head.

You know how much she loves you.

She'd never hurt you like that; not ever.

"Just hold onto me again."

"Happily, beautiful girl."

"And don't scare me like that again." You pouted.

"I'll think about it." She joked before kissing your head lovingly, holding you tight in her arms.