Octonauts x F! Reader: Period Problems

It was that time of the month. Everyone was wary of you because when you're on your period you have unpredictable mood swings. You are currently single, but had a huge crush on the otter scientist who originally invited you to explore the oceans with the Octonauts because you loved the study of medicine and biology.

You started your morning with an angry shout because you bled through the thicker pad you put on the night before.

"Ugh! What the hell?! Those were white sheets!" You shouted. You stomped to the laundry room and tossed the bed sheets into the washing machine with environmentally safe bleach and detergent.

You also tossed your underwear in there to clean that too. When you made it back to your room, you got dressed quickly and then stomped downstairs to the kitchen.

"Morning." You mumbled to Turnip and Barrot. They chirped happily in reply and Barrot hugged your leg. You smiled down at him and patted his head. He let go and you bounced away giddily, beginning to make you some breakfast. (Oh and btw you're an otter in this one.) You bounced around the kitchen after you finished eating. Dropping into the octo chute, you went to the launch bay to look for Tweak who was also on her period. She gets pissy on her period but she's nice to you.

"Tweak?" You asked. "I have carrots and chocolate if ya want some." Tweak snatched the basket out of your hands and took the carrots and half the chocolate. You giggled and patted her head. "Have fun." You gave her a quick hug and bounced away. Nibbling on your piece of chocolate, you made your way to Shellington's room. You wanted to give him some chocolate too because you were feeling particularly happy and wanted to share a good mood for once.

"Shellington! I got choco for ya!" I giggled and covered my face and jumped around giddily.

He chuckled quietly and let you into his room. You pounced on him in a hug and gave him an eskimo kiss. He used to get super embarrassed about it, but now he just saw it as a greeting.

"What's up?" He asked, returning the hug. You practically shoved a piece of a chocolate bar into his mouth and wandered around his lab, looking around at some of his half finished experiments. You reached out to touch a model of something but a soft hand pulled yours back.

"It's still wet from the paint. I don't want you to get dirty while you're eating." Shel said.

"Fine." You sighed. Your mood lessened and now you were kinda just meh. Not sad but not particularly happy anymore. "Shellington, do you have anything to play with?" You asked, turning around boredly.

"Not really, this is a lab not a play space." Shellington replied lightly. For some reason, (hormones) that made you angry.

"You're so boring! I know it's a lab! I'm not stupid!" You shouted at him. He recoiled, confused. You stormed out of the room angrily, but didn't make it four feet away from his door before you broke down crying from the pain of your cramps.

The volume of your crying brought Kwazii and Shellington to your sides. "You alright, matey?" Kwazii asked, surprisingly softly. He patted your back and rubbed circles on it. Sometimes he does this with Tweak when her cramps get really bad.

"Oi, matey, ye wanna 'ear a story?"

"Sure." You whimpered.

"Shellin'ton, go get pain medicine." Kwazii instructed. Shellington nodded and rushed off to get some. While you waited for him, Kwazii told you tales of his fairing on the Seven Seas. He fought off crackens and other sea monsters. He told you these stories with animated gestures, and a bright smile on his face. You clapped and smiled brightly like a three year old. His stories proved to be useful for distractions from pain. Shellington came back with the tylenol soon enough and gave it to you along with a cup of water.

You took the tylenol without hesitation. You hugged Kwazii tightly as a thanks.

"Thank you Kwazii. Your stories really helped."

He happily returned the hug and chuckled. "Anytime, mate. I know that cramps hurt a lot when yer on yer period. Tweak demons'ra'ed by punchin' me in me gut for 15 minutes. It hurt real bad." You giggled and let him go. Pouncing on Shellington, you gave him another eskimo kiss and waved to Kwazii when he carried you away.