Chapter 4

Wassal's pov:

I woke up early at Fajr time, the soft light of dawn filtering through the curtains as I rose from my bed. After performing prayer, I prepared for my morning walk, a routine I followed diligently. However, today, I felt a little more tired than usual, all thanks to Miss Innocent.

Upon returning from my jog, I spotted Sania Api at the breakfast table, arranging plates and utensils with graceful efficiency. "Assalam-o-Alaikum, Api," I greeted her warmly with a smile.

"Walaikum Assalam, meray sher," she replied, returning my smile with her usual warmth. "How are you?"

"Perfect," I replied, though inwardly feeling the fatigue from the lack of sleep. "You're up early too. Is everything alright?" I inquired, noting her early presence at the table.

"Yeah, there's an early class at the university, so I gotta go," she explained, her tone casual as she continued with her tasks. "Why are you up so early? what do you want for breakfast?" she asked, turning her attention back to me.

"I'll have breakfast later. We have a hunting plan made for tonight," I informed her, excitement creeping into my voice at the prospect of the upcoming adventure.

"You always have such random plans," she remarked with a smile, her eyes twinkling with amusement.

"Well, I was informed about this plan only a few hours ago," I explained, feeling a pang of guilt for not informing her sooner.

"Well, that's good for me. I guess you'll be able to drop me at the university," she said, her hand reaching for a jug.

Suddenly, a sharp, painful scream tore through the air, emanating from Sania Api. Startled, I rushed to her side, concern etched on my face. "Api, are you okay? What happened?" I asked.

"No, I'm fine. It's just... ah, I had a small accident yesterday," Sania Api explained, her voice tinged with discomfort.

"What?!" I exclaimed. "Why didn't you tell me? Are you okay? How did it happen?" I bombarded her with questions.

"That's why I didn't tell you; you always take on too much stress," Sania Api replied, attempting to reassure me with a gentle smile. "I had a car hit me on my way home from the university. I'm not hurt much, just some muscle pain," she added in a calm tone.

"No, it's not okay! Who was it? Did you know them? How—" I started to ask, but Sania Api cut me off, placing a comforting hand on my head.

"I'm fine, meray sher. It's nothing. I didn't tell you so you wouldn't worry about such a small thing," she said in a soothing and reassuring voice

"Api, that's not a small thing! You got hurt!" I protested, unable to shake off the concern that gnawed at me.

"It's okay, meray Sher. Don't worry," she insisted, patting my shoulder gently. "Now, tell me, what do you want to eat? I'll make it for you."

"No, nothing. I'll eat with boys on my way," I said.

"Okay, but you better eat. You always skip breakfast when you're traveling," Sania Api admonished me as she knew I didn't eat breakfast while traveling.

After breakfast, I dropped Sania Api off at the university. A sense of unease settled over me like a heavy cloak. Despite her reassurances, her words about the accident echoed in my mind, stirring up a storm of concern within me.

I dialed a certain number, "I want you to track a car, the number is LEAB 8652. I need to know its route from the previous day, and I need answers about the accident that occurred with it, as soon as possible."

As I hung up the phone, a surge of determination coursed through me. Even though the accident hadn't been severe, I couldn't simply brush it off. Sania Api was more than just a Razai sister to me. She took care of me since childhood. I couldn't let anyone hurt her again.