Chapter 10 A HIDDEN FAVOR

Shinaya's POV:

My joint was feeling somewhat better, so I decided to go to school. My parents tried to stop me, but I insisted. They were worried that anyone would bully me again but I explained to them that I would be in the school all the time so no one could cause trouble.  

Baba dropped me off and promised to pick me up later; he was clearly worried about the incident. As I entered the classroom, all my classmates gathered around me, expressing their concern. We had known each other for at least 7 or 8 years, and our whole class was friendly towards each other. I assured them that I was okay.

After school, my friends told me they would be practicing on the court and asked me to join them, but I declined, asking them to continue without me. My teacher informed me that they needed to change the captain and find another player to fill in, as I told her I needed a week or two off. I felt sad—really sad.

After two days of therapy, I was feeling better and preparing for my tests when I got a conference call from Mahnoor, aqsa and Maryam. I was a little surprised because they didn't call conference calls usually. I picked it up. "Hello, assalam o alaikum," I greeted. "Walaikum asalam," they responded cheerfully. "Okay, is everything fine? You both sound very happy," I asked with a smile, noticing their excitement.

"Yeah, everything's fine, and you'll be fine too!" Maryam exclaimed. "And how's that?" I asked casually. "Because you can play basketball now!!" they both announced. "The finals have been postponed for 2 weeks." Aqsa added excitedly. For a moment, I couldn't believe it. "What?!" I exclaimed happily. I was overjoyed. They explained that there was some issue with the directors, and they had some important tasks to handle, so the final would be held at the end of the month. I shared this news with everyone, and a new wave of life surged within me. 

The next day at school, the teacher informed me that I would lead the team since the finals were being delayed, giving us some extra time. I was overjoyed and thanked Allah for this opportunity.

 Alongside my studies, I continued with my therapies. Thankfully, the joint displacement wasn't severe, and I recovered in two weeks, although my elbow still needed care and wasn't as mobile as before. My team took great care of me during practices, ensuring I didn't overexert my arm. After three weeks, my joints improved even more. I was coming back to my position

The night before the final was filled with excitement and nerves. I prayed fervently for our success. The next day, our team was buzzing with anticipation. "Inshallah, we will succeed," Sarah said with a smile. "Yeah, and we'll break Abeera's face once more," Aqsa said amusingly ."And I am eagerly waiting to see her damn face losing again! " Aqsa chimed in.

" hey, losers!"Suddenly, Abeera's voice pierced through the air. She and her team had arrived. "OH!! How's your arm, Shinaya?" she asked, feigning concern. "Fine enough to beat you, Abeera," I retorted, my friends chuckling in the background. "Do you have nothing better to do?" Zunaira interjected. "Yeah, go prepare your losing speech," Aqsa teased, and we all laughed."you should practice that in which words you will admire our skills" she added. Abeera's face flushed with anger, but before she could respond, the match announcement echoed across the court. As we prepared to leave, Abeera's final words lingered in the air: "You will not win! I'll make sure of it.". I took a step towards her"Do whatever you want! But you will not be able to stop me ".

The basketball match between our and Abeera's teams was heating up fast. The court buzzed with energy as we battled fiercely for victory. I could feel the adrenaline coursing through my veins as I dribbled the ball down the court, my focus locked on the hoop. As the game progressed, tensions rose, and Abeera's team became increasingly aggressive as our points were getting higher.