Chapter 12 CELEBRATIONS

Shinaya's POV:

The news of Uncle Ali's family being invited to the party sent a chill down my spine. I didn't know what to do. After that incident, I had hoped to avoid Wassal for at least two or three months. 

And he wasn't the one to enjoy family gatherings, so he wouldn't be here. I guessed. But Besides, what did Wassal have to do with my matters? I thought he wouldn't interfere or tell anyone, He wasn't the type to interfere in anyone's affair, so I figured he'd forget about it after some time. but the fact that he was Abeera's cousin bothered me. What if he got angry because I had bullied her cousin? But then again, what did she do? She deserved it...I considered calling him to clear things up, but his expression when I saw him last made me hesitate. He seemed like a character from a murder mystery movie. 

I did my best to avoid him, but it seemed something else was written in fate. I would have to see him again... the thought stressed me out immensely.

After helping my mother with some food prep. I went to my room to get ready. I decided to wear a long skirt for the party, hoping to strike the right balance between elegance and comfort. I chose some light jewelry and wore some light makeup.

After getting ready, I came downstairs to find my whole family ready as well

"Wow, my dear, you look beautiful," my mother said, planting a kiss on my forehead. 

Along with Wassal's family, my Nano and Nana's family including Mamo and their families. (grandparents' family) and my Dada and Dadi and uncle's family were also invited. 

First, my grandparents arrived, and I welcomed them warmly. They had a humble nature, unlike my uncles, who were more about showing off their wealth and power, Although they also owned a wide business, they were never status-conscious. 

 After a while, my uncle's family also arrived. Uncle Ali's family came last, but to my relief, Wassal wasn't with them. It was just Uncle, Auntie, and Ania. I took a breath of relief seeing he wasn't there. I was just about to go inside when the doorbell chimed once more, and a ripple of anxiety coursed through me. Could it be him? 

"Ya Allah bacha lay! Ya Allah bacha lay!' ( o Allah save me! o Allah save me!)I silently prayed for composure as I approached the door, steeling myself for the possibility of his unexpected arrival. With a deep breath, I opened the door.

Relief washed over me like a gentle wave as I saw my cousin Wassay standing at the door. Wassay was the son of my elder mamu.

" For you!' he said with a smile, moving a bouquet of flowers toward me. I accepted the flowers, as I knew it was an occasional gift from his family which he was forwarding me... As he stepped in, his eyes lingered on me, and a playful grin danced across his lips. "you look gorgeous!" he complimented my appearance. I hated flirting ....a lot.. and I did not like anyone to be such frank with me. I maintained a stern facade, unwilling to indulge his flirtatious banter.

"Okay! okay! relax. It was just a compliment" he said while walking inside." I didn't ask for one!" I said in a serious tone.

 "Assalam o alikum ApI!" his younger brother greeted me as he entered, while I was closing the door. "Walikum Assalam!" I answered him."why are you all coming in installments?' I asked him in a joking way. he laughed and said, "No Api I was just parking the car, and you have to open the door once again because Sadia and Asghar are also on their way.". I welcomed him in. 

As I was about to close the door he said "And oh! Api... I left the main door open it was not closing ..it was kinda stuck.". "okay I'll see it" I answered him and moved outside to close the door.

"Wow! Now the I will close the gates! right..." I said to myself. I was moving to the gate when the bell rang again. I thought it would be Sadia and Asghar. I opened the door with a smile... but my heart sank at the sight before me. Dark brown eyes were staring at me, and a tall person in a black outfit was standing in the front....it was Wassal.