021

When we arrived, Leah and her mom were already outside. When Leah saw us, she ran, and I immediately opened the door to join her in a hug.

"Oh my god, I'm so happy to see you again!" she said excitedly.

"Same!" I replied. "Oh, and this is my friend Leanne; she came on the trip with me!" I introduced them, and they hugged before we all went inside.

"Oh my god, you've changed since the premiere!" Leah exclaimed. "It's only been 2 months," I chuckled.

"Oh, also, how long are you staying?" she asked.

"Leanne is staying only until next week; her dad is picking her up on Monday, I believe. As for me, I'll stay for two weeks, maybe longer" I said as we headed upstairs to her room."depending on auditions," Leanne added, "Well, don't mention that."
Leah looked intrigued. "You do acting?"

"Yeah, but I've done plays and commercials only," I explained, grabbing some snacks from her desk. "Do I look familiar?" I said, holding Haribos beside my face. "I did two Haribo commercials when I was eight."

"That's why you looked familiar! You were on my TV screen 24/7," Leah said, and we all laughed.

-

"Hey, Rory, now that we're alone, I wanted to ask you about Walker. What happened?" Leah inquired as Leanne left for the bathroom. The topic weighed heavy on me, and I had been wanting to discuss it for hours. I missed Walker terribly, and, to be honest, I think I like him. I just don't know what to do.

"Now that you brought that up, I feel like crying," I said, sighing and standing to face her. "During the premiere, the photos we took, my mom and dad saw them. They were not happy about it. I have a strict rule when it comes to boys, for some reason. When they found out I was friends with Walker, they hated it. Walker and I stopped talking to the point we ended our after-school study hangouts. I miss him so much; words can't describe it. He was the only one who got me. He was my only friend too!" I sighed, releasing the pent-up emotions.

"I'm really sorry, Rory. That must be tough. You and Walker had such an adorable bond; he used to talk about you all the time," Leah expressed, her eyes reflecting sympathy. She seemed lost in thought for a moment.

"I got an idea! The cast decided to meet up the week after next week to watch the Super Bowl. Maybe I could invite you and your mom. Your mom could meet his mom while you guys hang out!" Leah suggested excitedly. Leanne entered the room, asking what she missed. Leah explained the plan, and Leanne enthusiastically agreed, saying, "Oh my god yes! That would be so smart. You should so do that!" We shared a laugh at their excitement.

I had a notification from my Gmail. "Weird, I got a message from my Gmail. I never get any unless it's about school," I remarked. Leanne suggested, "Maybe spam?"

"No, I only get notifications unless they're important," I replied as I opened the email and read it. My face lit up with excitement. "OH MY GOD, I GOT A CALLBACK!" I yelled, and everyone in the room erupted in screams and cheers.

"They want me to do some more auditions, and they're in LA too!" I shared excitedly. Leah exclaimed, "We're so celebrating. I don't know what we're doing, but we're going out," and she got up. We ran to my mom to share the thrilling news.