002

Excitement filled me as the cast for the Percy Jackson live-action series was confirmed, especially thrilled to learn that Walker Scobell would be playing Percy. The casting felt perfect, capturing the essence of the character.

My phone buzzed, pulling me out of my thoughts. Layla's name flashed on the screen.

"Listen, I know I don't care about Percy Jackson, but I love Walker Scobell, so I have to watch the new series," she said without pausing. "I need to know everything about the books first. Can you lend me yours?"

I rolled my eyes, amused. "You don't actually have to read them to watch the show, you know."

"No way, it feels like cheating if I don't," she insisted.

I laughed. "Fine. Just come over, and I'll tell you everything myself."

"Perfect, be there soon! Mwah!" she chirped before hanging up. Typical Layla.

---

When Layla arrived, she greeted my mom and headed straight to my room. She stopped in the doorway, taking in the Percy Jackson posters and the shelf crammed with different editions of the books.

"I swear, you have to be the biggest Percy Jackson fan ever," she teased. "It's like stepping into Rick Riordan's brain in here."

I laughed and handed her the first book. "This one's been through a lot, but don't touch my other copies."

"Okay, what's it about?" Layla asked, flipping through the pages.

"Percy Jackson is about a teenager who discovers he's a demigod, the child of one of the Greek gods," I explained. "He goes on a quest to prevent a war among the gods while dealing with all the challenges of being a demigod. There's friendship, adventure, and plenty of twists that will keep you hooked."

She settled on my bed, engrossed in the book, while I worked on an English essay. Two hours later, my mom called us for dinner. As I headed downstairs with Layla, she tripped on the stairs.

I chuckled, "Holy shit, are you okay?"

"I'm good," she replied, quickly getting up. We sat down at the table for spaghetti, but Layla's attention was still on her book.

"Hey, Layla, have you tri—"

"OH MY GOD, SHUSH! THIS IS THE GOOD PART," she interrupted, completely absorbed in the story.

I laughed and continued eating. By the time I finished, Layla had finished the book too.

"That. Was. Amazing," she said, eyes wide with excitement.

I grinned. "Told you."

"And they're only 12? We're the same age!" she marveled.

"Yeah! Imagine fighting Medusa at 12," I said, sharing her enthusiasm.

"Oh my god, yes! I was thinking the exact same thing the whole time," she agreed.

We spent the rest of dinner excitedly discussing the incredible adventures of 12-year-old demigods.

A/n so the first few chapters explain Rory story a bit I felt people should know before the fic :)