008

The next morning, I woke up, got ready for the day, and went downstairs, where my mom was cooking breakfast.

"What time is it?" I asked, still a little sleepy.

"You're early for once," my mom replied, checking her phone. "It's 9 am." She set pancakes on the table and handed me a mug of coffee before sitting down with her own.

As we ate, I brought up something I'd been thinking about. "Hey, Mom?"

"Yes?" she replied.

"My friend Leena is going to New York for winter break and the Percy Jackson premiere. Can I go with her? I won't have much to do if I stay here. Please?" I asked, trying to sound as convincing as possible.

My mom laughed. "You're already asking for favors, and you just woke up."

I smiled. "It would be so much fun."

She considered it for a moment and said, "Okay, you can go, as long as you're back before New Year's."

"Thank you!" I said, grinning.

I finished breakfast and immediately texted Walker.

Walker!

Rory🐟
Mom said yes as long as I'm back before new years

Walker!
Lmao why tho

Rory🐟
She likes to spend new years with me !

Walker!
were leaving on Friday so
Pack your bags.

Rory 🐟
Aye aye captain 🫡

I closed my phone and started packing but quickly realized I didn't have anything to wear for the premiere. Shopping time!

I asked my mom if she could take me to the mall, and she agreed. I did my makeup quickly and threw on a casual outfit. Once we were at the mall, we stopped by Starbucks for drinks before starting our shopping spree.

After searching for a while, I found the perfect outfit for the event. It wasn't what I initially imagined, but it had style, and I was happy with it.

When we got home, I took a nap, but when I woke up, I realized I'd slept with my makeup on. I jumped into the shower and then checked my phone, seeing a new group chat notification.

Scobells and river

Leena!
If we're spending break together we have to make a GC.

Walker!
Do we really?

Rory🐟
Yes we do I have excuse to talk to your sister 😍

Leena!
I love youuu

Rory 🐟
I love you too man.
Oh my god I wanna take a nap.

Walker!
Didn't you just wake up from one.

Rory🐟
Man im just a teenage girl I need naps.

Leena!
Real!!

Walker!
I'm so gonna regrett my choice bringing u with us