CH. 41 What happened?

Start from the beginning

(Kate Beckinsale)

Y/N and Kate are sitting right next to each other. She has her legs draped over his as she leans on the couch. Looking at him while he smokes and she acts as his therapist.

"At least from what I remember." Y/N answers her as he takes another pull.

"Ok, what happened with Emilia?" Kate asks making him pause a little before he exhales the smoke.

                                 (Flashback)

"Y/N.." Caleb calls out from the main living room in the mansion. They just got back from the party and it's him, Megan and his family.

"What is it? Are you alright?" Y/N asks his best friend.

Caleb doesn't answer he just hands him a note.. Y/N takes it and slowly starts to read it..

"Dear Love,

It pains me to do this but I have to.. Scaria has ruined the lives of my family back home. I have to go over there right away to take care of them.. It's bad Y/N, it's so bad.. I'm not sure when I'll return so I want to say this to you... Thank you for these past few months. It was some of the best moments and memories in my life.. You are truly a great person and a one of a kind being. Even though you don't like showing that to everyone.. I am breaking up with you so you can be free.. Maybe one day we can meet again on some level... This isn't on you, I just don't want that burden on you while i'm away.. I love you, I will always love you."

~Emilia

Y/N drops down to the couch and puts his hands on his head.. He drops the letter as he becomes enraged at Scaria..

(Flashback Over)

"She left.. Because of Scaria.." Y/N answers.

"I've talked to some people over there.. Scaria has signed with Warner for the DC movies." Kate tells him as he leans back on the couch.

"It's gonna flop anyway.. Besides, I signed a new deal with Marvel.." Y/N says.

"You know you do that a lot." Kate points out making him turn to her.

"What?" Y/N asks.

"You go to money almost as if it's your shield." Kate answers.

"It is.. Most people in our business want you for your money.. They talk to you to help them get money, they look at you differently when you have money.. I use my money as a wall to keep me divided from them.. You taught me that." Y/N says to Kate making her sigh.

Kate scoots closer to him and puts her arm around his shoulders. She rubs his chest with her other hand as he ashes his blunt.

"I did teach you that.. but I didn't teach you to do that with your feelings Y/N." Kate replies making him pause.

"How do you feel about Emilia?" Kate asks him causing him to think.

"She's helped me learn how to trust women on a romantic level again.. Having sex is one thing but, being there after and flirting with the idea of being in love was scary for me.. Now, i'm more open to it." Y/N answers honestly.