𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖋𝖔𝖗𝖙𝖞

ngl, i might be skimming acowar. it's my least favorite of the series, and i have big ideas for acofas and acosf, so i'm super anxious and excited to get to them.

✧: *✧:*:✧*:✧

I paced Feyre's tent as we all gathered there. Nesta sat with her head in her hands, not speaking or moving.

"We'll get her back," Cassian promised.

"You won't do anything, Cassian," I snapped at the male who was still recovering from his horrific injury.

"No," Nesta agreed with me. "I saw that army. Its size, who is in it. I saw it, and there is no chance of any of you getting into its heart. Even you," she added when Cassian opened his mouth again. "Especially not when you're injured."

I nodded my agreement. As much as I loved my brothers, they had no regard for their own safety. They never had. If it weren't for Eve, Mor, and me, they likely would've gotten themselves killed a longtime ago.

"I'm getting her back," Azriel spoke up.

"No!" Eve and I exclaimed in unison.

Eve got to her feet, going to her mate's side, her violet eyes filled with fear.

"Az, you heard what she said," Eve insisted. "You can't go alone. You'll die."

"I'll go with him," Feyre decided, getting to her feet. Azriel nodded.

"You'll never get far enough into the camp," Cassian warned.

"I'm going to walk right in," she announced.

She shifted herself, her hair turning a white blonde, her eyes going bluer, her skins paler. A tattoo of the moon phase appeared on her forehead.

"Shit," Cassian breathed when I was done.

"They might already know shes dead," Nesta pointed out, getting to her feet.

"I need one of your Siphons," Feyre said to Azriel.

He held out his palm, a round, flat blue stone appearing in it, and chucked it to Feyre. She wrapped her fingers around the warm stone.

"Where is the blacksmith?" Feyre asked Cassian.

✧: *✧:*:✧*:✧

Hours later, we got news that they were back. It was early morning, now. Eve had been gripping my hand so tight, I'd lost circulation.

The second we approached them, Eve let out a cry, rushing to her mate's side at his injuries. He was still holding Elain, who seemed fine despite the shackles on her ankles and wrists.

Both Feyre and Azriel were injured. Walking next to them was another girl. A human, who was covered in burns and lashes.

"I'm fine, Evie," Az promised Eve as she fussed over him.

Rhys winnowed into our path, his eyes studying Azriel's wings, then Feyre's injuries, then the girl beside them.

"I couldn't leave her," Feyre explained, her voice raw.

Running steps approached, and then Nesta rounded a tent, skidding to a halt in the mud. She let out a sob at the sight of Elain.

Nesta broke into another sprint. Nesta's arms went around Feyre's neck and she embraced her. Her body shook as she sobbed and said over and over and over, "Thank you."

Rhys lunged for Azriel, taking Elain from him and gently setting the girl down.

"We need Helion to get these chains off her," Eve mumbled, taking Elain's wrist in her hand and studying the shackles.