𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖙𝖍𝖎𝖗𝖙𝖞-𝖋𝖔𝖚𝖗

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*:・゚✧*:・゚✧

We were led to a suite built around a lavish sitting area and private dining room. All of it carved from that sunstone, bedecked in jewel-toned fabrics, broad cushions clumped along the thick carpets, and overlooked by ornate golden cages filled with birds of all shapes and sizes.

"How did Thesan keep Amarantha from trashing this place?" Feyre asked Rhys as we surveyed the sitting room that opened to the hazy sprawl of countryside far, far below.

"Its his private residence." Rhys dismissed his wings and slumped onto a pile of emerald cushions near the darkened fireplace. "He likely shielded it the same way Kallias and I did."

I glanced to Azriel, who was currently leaning against the wall beside the floor-to-ceiling window. Eve was leaning next to him, muttering words I couldn't hear as she stroked his hair, shadows wrapped around the two of them.

Mor was indeed sprawled on a couch—one wary eye on Azriel. Cassian sat beside her, holding her feet in his lap.

I sat down in a chair across from them. Nesta had retired to her own room without a word—and remained there. I couldn't deny my disappointment.

A knock thudded at the door.

"Don't open it," I warned. "Even with the shield, don't open it."

"Wise," Rhys said, prowling to the front door, "but unnecessary."

He opened the door, revealing Helion—alone. A smile of relief spread across my face. Helion braced a hand on the door frame and grinned.

"Howd you convince Thesan to give you the better view?" Helion asked.

"He finds my males to be prettier than yours, I think," Rhys joked.

"I think its a wing fetish."

Rhys laughed and opened the door wider, beckoning him in. "Youve really mastered the swaggering prick performance, by the way. Expertly done," Helion complimented.

Helions robe swayed with his graceful steps, brushing his powerful thighs. He spied Feyre standing by the round table in the center of the foyer and bowed.

"Apologies for the bastard act," he said to her. "Old habits and all."

I got to my feet and went over to the man. He opened his arms and I jumped into them, letting him embrace me.

"How've you been, kid?" he asked me. It didn't matter that I was five centuries old, I would always be a kid to him.

"As good as I can be," I replied as I pulled away.

He ruffled my hair like he used to many centuries ago and I grinned, pushing his hand away from me. I sat back down and he turned to Rhys.

"You were on unnaturally nice behavior today. I was betting Beron would be dead by the end of it—you cant imagine my shock that he walked out alive."

"My mate suggested it would be in our favor to appear as we truly are."

"Well, now I look as bad as Beron," Helion scoffed. He grinned at Azriel. "You handing Eris's ass to him will be my new fantasy at night, by the way."

I rolled my eyes. Azriel didnt so much as bother to look over his shoulder at the High Lord. But Cassian snorted.

"I was wondering when the come-ons would begin," Cassian said with a sigh. Helion sat between him and Mor on the couch.

"Its been what—four centuries now, and you three still havent accepted my offer," Helion said.

"I don't share my mate," Evelina said to him.