𝖈𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝖊𝖎𝖌𝖍𝖙

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*:・゚✧*:・゚✧

song of the chapter: gods and monsters by lana del rey

"in the land of gods and monsters, i was an angel"

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*:・゚✧*:・゚✧

"What's she like?" Azriel asked me as we waited for Rhys and Feyre to join us.

"She's sweet," I replied. "But she's been through a lot. Be nice to her. Don't mess with her."

"Why would we do that?" Cassian questioned.

"It's what you did to me," I recalled, shoving his shoulder.

"I didn't," Evelina reminded me, leaning against Azriel as he wrapped his arms around her from behind.

"You females are far too overdressed," Cassian informed both me and Eve.

"Just wait," I said. "When Rhys, Feyre, and Mor show up, you'll both be underdressed."

     I perked up, proven right as the two arrived, flying into the window in flawless attire.

    Rhys sauntered toward us as we stood by the dining room doors, giving Feyre the option to stay or join.

"Come on, Feyre. We don't bite. Unless you ask us to," Cassian joked. I elbowed him in the ribs.

"He's a pig, ignore him," I sighed, stepping towards the girl and leading her forward.

"The last I heard, Cassian, no one has ever taken you up on that offer," Rhys recalled.

      Azriel snorted and I smiled. I had missed Az so much. All I'd done was worry about him for the last forty-nine years.

"So fancy tonight, brother. And you made poor Feyre dress up, too," Cassian said. He started messing with the fabrics of my dress, and I pushed him off of me. 

"This is Azriel—Rhys' spymaster," I introduced. "And my brother."

"Welcome," was all Azriel said, as he extended a hand to Feyre.

      Feyre turned to Rhysand and Cassian with curiosity spread across her features.

"You're brothers?" Feyre wondered.

      Rhysand clarified, "Brothers in the sense that all bastards are brothers of a sort."

"And—you?" she asked Cassian.

      Cassian shrugged, wings tucking in tighter. "I command Rhys's armies."

"Cassian also excels at pissing everyone off," Eve explained.

"Especially amongst our friends," Azriel clarified, taking his mates hand. "So, as a friend of Rhysand, good luck."

       Cassian nudged Azriel out of the way, Azriel's mighty wings flaring slightly as he balanced himself, Eve reaching out to steady him. I popped Cassian upside the head.

"How the hell did you make that bone ladder in the Middengard Wyrms lair when you look like your own bones can snap at any moment?" Cassian demanded. 

"How the hell did you manage to survive this long without anyone killing you?" Feyre questioned him.

      Cassian tipped back his head and laughed. I smiled, Eve giggled, and Azriel's brows flicked up with approval as the shadows seemed to wrap tighter around him.

      Mor breezed onto the balcony with, "If Cassian's howling, I hope it means Feyre told him to shut his fat mouth."

      The blonde approached me and kissed me on the cheek. I squeezed her arm as we pulled away. She greeted Eve, then went back over to Feyre.