27 | Fallen Apart

Choi Iseul

"Well, well, well... If it isn't Choi Iseul." A mocking voice hit my ears, making me freeze in my tracks. My entire being was telling me to get out of there, but my body didn't budge.

With whatever courage I could muster up, I spoke.

"What do you want from me?"

"Getting bold now, are we?" She said as she watched her face in the mirror. "This won't get you anywhere."

"Just get to the damn point." I said, instant regret hitting me when I saw her eyebrow twitch.

Within seconds, she came towards me and forcefully pulled me back by my hair.

"I don't fucking like your existence, you criminal. And if you don't want me telling all of these friends of yours what you and your father had done, you better shut that mouth of yours." She seethed, pulling my hair harder.

"S-stop..." I said as I winced from the pain.

"Want me to stop? Then just do whatever I ask. Stay out of my fucking way." She said, pushing me towards the wall. "You disgust me, Iseul. People like you are fucking filthy and useless. But you know, this is what I like about the likes of you. I get to fix your pathetic asses."

"Jiyeon... Please don't do this." I found myself begging.

It was starting to feel like middle school, and I didn't like that one bit.

"You like Lee Minho, huh? Want me to tell him? Want me to tell Eunseol and Yuna and Seungmin what you father did? Want me to tell them how pathetic you are?" She said, grabbing my hair again as she pushed me on the ground.

"How do you-"

"I know the likes of you, Iseul. Of course you would try to try your luck on a guy like Minho." Jiyeon scoffed.

A trail of tears left my eyes as I shut them, hoping this was just a bad dream and that it would be over soon.

But sometimes, reality ends up being worse than a person's biggest nightmare.

I wasn't prepared, but I had no choice.

***

"Iseul... Don't you think this has been going on for too long? I mean, I get that you're uncomfortable around Jiyeon but... It's nearly been two weeks." Seungmin said as we sat together outside during the lunch break.

Regret immediately hit me as I looked at Seungmin with guilt filled eyes. He had sacrificed being with his friends too, just for my sake.

"Hey, don't look at me like that," Seungmin said. "I'm not mad at you, just saying because I'm worried about you."

I sighed. "I don't know, Seungmin. Really." I muttered.

"Is it just me or does everyone seem to avoid talking to you as well?" Seungmin pondered. "I wonder what happened."

"Ah... About that." I said, fiddling with my hands. I hadn't told him about the rumours about us yet. Maybe now was the time. "The thing is... Everyone thinks we're dating."

"W-What?" Seungmin sputtered, a blush starting to form on his face.

"Yeah... Apparently they thought we were on a date when we were hanging out." I sighed.

"Oh so that's why..." Seungmin's eyes widened in realisation.

"Yeah. So... What now?" I asked.

"I don't know. But isn't this a good thing in its own way? Now we don't have to explain ourselves." He suddenly said.