Why would she feel so sad?

Perhaps it was the lack of action.

She hasn't had a mission in a while.

She was usually on her toes as missions were assigned regularly. Day or night she was full of adrenaline.

Maybe that was it.

She hasn't had a mission in a few weeks so she couldn't feel the blood rushing and her heart pumping.

Adrenaline was what kept her functioning when she was young. Maybe it's the same case.

___________

Loid was on his way home. He had completed everything that he was assigned so he had the rest of the day to do whatever it is he needed to.

Anya was still at school and Yor was at work.

He noticed that Yor had been upset for some time now. He didn't know the reason but suspected it was because of what he had asked her the other day.

So here he was, walking home with plastics bags that contained food for him to cook.

If his request was the reason why she was upset, he was going to try and make it up to her.

He figured cooking her favorite dish would be a nice start.  

When he reached their apartment, he changed out of his suit and started to sort the groceries.

After having done that, he put on an apron and turned on the stove, pouring some oil into a pan.

When the pan was hot enough, he placed a chunk of butter and stirred it around with a spatula, making it melt faster.

Yor was going to be home in a few hours so he had plenty of time to cook.

__________

As soon as she opened the door, Yor could smell the amazing aroma of what seemed to be her favorite dish.

Smiling excitedly, she kicked off her shoes and walked into the dining area, finding Anya setting the table as Loid cleaned the kitchen.

Both people seemed to have not noticed her presence as they continued what they were doing.

"Taidama!" She announced, taking off her coat.

The two look up and they both smile.

"Okaerinasai." Loid greets, leaving the rag that was on his hand on the counter.

He walks over to her and takes her coat, folding it neatly and placing it on a chair in the corner.

"How was work?" He asks with a small smile.

Yor sighs.

"It was okay. It could have been better." She admits, sitting down at the table.

"Let's talk about that later. You should eat." He sits in the chair across the table and waits for Anya to do the same before grabbing Yor's plate to give her some rice.

"Eh? I could have done that myself you know..." She comments as she gets her plate back.

"I know."

Anya glances at the two back and forth suspiciously.

'They are flirting again.'

Before she could say anything about it, she fills her mouth with some food to shut herself up.

"Itadakimasu!" Yor digs in almost immediately, humming in delight at the taste.

___________

Once all the dishes had been washed and the table was cleared, Loid and Yor sat on the couch, a comfy silence settling between them for a few minutes.

Anya was in her room finishing up some homework with Bond.

"Are you okay?" Loid asks, turning to her with a worried face.

Yor was always so cheerful. It was unusual for her to be so down.

"Of course. Why wouldn't I be?"

"You are upset, if my assumptions are correct. Why?"

Yor lets out a quiet sigh. His assumptions were indeed correct.

"It's stupid. But it's because of my lack of action." She spat out.

Loid smiles.

"I see. Well you won't have to worry about that. It's almost time for us to do that mission."

"Is that the reason you cooked my favorite?" Yor asks, tilting her head to the side in curiosity.

"I suppose..."

Yor grins.

"Thank you, Twilight-san. I appreciate you trying to cheer me up. It's... a sweet gesture."

Loid widens his eyes in surprise. Very rarely does Yor call him by his codename.

She would've said his real name but he never told her what it was.

So for now, Twilight had to do.

_______

A/N: The 40th chapter of this entire book. Not the 40th part of the story but the 40th chapter if you include all the authors notes. Yay. Congrats to me. Sorry if this was crap.

Also i changed my username