Chapter 4

~°•°~°•°~°•°~°•°~°•°~°•°~°•°~°•°~°•°~°•°~

After Catnap had surprised me with a bone breaking hug he said a very broken thank you and climbed up back into his house mostly to go to sleep even though it was only 4 in the afternoon and none of the others had come back yet though I suppose they did have to deal with the children by themselves which none of them had done before. So they were properly dragging their feet on their way back home. I'll ask them about their day tomorrow before I go and get Catnap for his... well what was meant to be his first day looking after the children, the only difference being that tomorrow he'll be putting them down for nap time. I opened the door to my house and stepped in closing and locking!. The door behind me.

Walking over to the couch and flipping down on it I groaned as my collar pressed into my chest. It didn't hurt but it wasn't exactly comfortable either, do I grogley go back up. Walked to my room and took off my collar, boots, and gloves. Just everything I was wearing then put on my simple collar being a brown leather dog collar that had a necklace attached to it and hanging off the necklace was a fairly large yellow and orange sun pendant. That glows in the dark. After changing I walked over to my bed and got under the covers then let the gentile hands of sleep take me under.

Thump

I sat up with a jolt then looked around the room frantically, once finding no one in my room I ran out and down the small satire case into my living room. Stopping dead in my tracks.
There was a huge tree limb, hanging. From the broken roof of my house. The rain from outside was pouring into my living room and flooding the floor.
"why the fuck dose a underground dome have its own fucking wether!?."
I sighed and walked over to the phone on the coffee table, picked it up and called the playcare staff. The night staff that is. They said that they'd be here in the morning to fix my roof and that I should stay with the closest critter to me... Catnap.

The short walk across the road was wet and uneventful as expected but not unwelcome. I climbed up the ladder to Catnap's front door and knocked... I had expected him to be asleep and not answer the door but no. As soon as my paw left the door, the door opened and there stood Catnap. He was wearing a collar much like mine but instead of a sun it was a golden crescent moon pendant which looked wonderful on him.
"D-d-dogd-da-day?"
He asked implying that he was a little surprised at my being here this late of a night time, not to mention I was soaking wet and probably looked pitterful.
"Heya Catnap umm would you mind letting me stay the night... if you don't want me to then I can go to one of the other critters, it's just you were the closet and I feel safe with you"

"W-why w-would I m-m-mind?"
I was surprised at the sound of his voice, it was smoother than it had been since I had met him, his voice was beautiful, it sounded like he was singing a lullaby.
"Dogd-day?"
I was snapped out of my thoughts only to find Catnap looking at me slightly concerned and worried as he held the front door open, waiting for me to come in. I looked down a little embarrassed and walked in to Catnaps house only to be hit with a wonderfully strong smell of lavender mixed with the soft sound of a fire crackling, there were no lights on the only light coming from the warm fire in the fireplace which eliminated the very clean and pristine living room. There were picture frames all over the room though all but one were empty, there was a light lavender coloured couch that was big enough to seat all of the critters and still have room left for one or two scientists, three bean bags were scattered around the room two of them being different shades of purple and one being a soft yet warm orange, there was a dark oak coffee table that complemented to room nicely. There was a decently sized bookshelf that ran the length of the far wall and was full to the brim with books of all different types. Lastly there was a plush purple cat bed in front of the fireplace that had a yellow book open and lying upside down on a smaller coffee table where a cup of tea was also steeping in a coffee cup that had the night sky printed onto it.

""Wow Catnap your house is so clean and pretty"
He looked at me and smiled walking over to a cabinet and pulled out a fluffy white tallow and handed it to me so i could dry myself off, he then walked into his kitchen then called out to me,
"D-do you wan-t so-some te-tea D-dogday"
I came into the kitchen which was also very clean and tidy. Sitting down at the bench I looked around the space. It was decorated in the same fashion as the living room by this room had the lights on, being stair shaped fairy lights that let off a soft golden light.
"Yeah some tea would be great thanks Catnap"
He nodded, putting the kettle on and walking over to the bench and ducking underneath it, there was probably a cupboard there. When he came back up he had a cookie jar in hand and placed it in front of me.

We didn't need to eat because we are toys but that's not to say we don't eat and cookies are the number one thing that all the critters, me included. Enjoy and will eat for hours if we were allowed to. So when Catnap placed that cookie jar in front of me it took everything I had, not to snatch the jar and wolf down every last cookie in there then lick the jar clean.
"H-help you-yourself"
I tore my eyes away from the jar in front of me and looked at Catnap, he was smiling. Seemingly overjoyed that he had company.
"Are you sure there'll be none left if I do eat them"
He shrugged and walked back over to make me a cup of tea. His was more than likely, being kept warm by the fire, which was heating the whole house and made everything feel cosy and more like home then my house does.

Sighing in contentment I opened the cookie jar and took one out then bite into it. It wasn't one of the normal cookies that are given to us by the staff no. It was a homemade peanut butter cookie with pet friendly white chocolate. I could have cried if the cookie tasted that good.
"Hey Catnap, did you make those?"
He turned, nodded and walked over to the bench, placing a cup of freshly made tea in front of me, then grabbed another jar of cookies from under the bench, took one of those out of the jar and bite into it himself