Chapter 3

~°•°~°•°~°•°~°•°~°•°~°•°~°•°~°•°~°•°~°•°~

It took about an hour for Dogday to finish showing me around the neighbourhood and I have to say he does talk a lot but I didn't mind, his voice was quite nice to listen to.
"So that's the whole neighbourhood would you like to go and see the rest of the playcare-"
He stopped to think about it for a moment most likely because I'm not much of a talker and still don't like being around other people or being touched but I did kinda wanna see the children... kinda.

"On second thoughts, how about we just go back to your house and sleep?"
I shake my head, don't get me wrong, sleeping sounded amazing right now but...
"I-i wo-would l-l-love to se-see the c-children"
He jumped back a little obviously startled by the sound of my voice, then his face cracked into a big, goofy smile as he took my hand and all but dragged me off to see the rest of the playcare.

"And this is home sweet home, where you'll be working during the night if your needed but most of the children go to sleep without any problems so you should be able to sleep in your house"
I smiled as he went on to continue to explain the reason the playcare was made and that home sweet home was a safe place for the children to rest their heads of a night time, then we moved on the the playhouse... he seemed to shutter, no. recoil at being near the playhouse. I looked at him with concern which he seemed to catch so he masked it with a smile and shook his head then continued walking still holding my hand. The last place we went to was the school house, where all the children were outside running around and playing with a Doll,? Toy,? Teacher?. Nevermind. We walked over to her and Dogday introduced us.

"Hey Miss Delight, I wanted to introduce you to our newest member of the smiling critters Catnap!"
Miss Delight smiled and gave a small wave then turned to one of the children who was tugging on the Dolls long red spotted skirt, she bent down getting on the child's level.
"Miss Delight who's the purple kitty and can was play with him... the other kids and I want to know"
The child asked in a very cute way that made me smile a little, which of course didn't go unnoticed by Dogday if his tail wagging was anything to go off of. Before Miss Delight could respond to the little girl I slowly walked over to her and gingerly picked her up, holding her above my head and started spinning slowly which made the little girl start laughing. A big grin spread across her face and cute little giggles turned to a full on belly laugh as she put her arms out.

When I first picked the little girl up Miss Delight was hesitant at first but in the end she stood back with Dogday smiling and laughing along with the girl, Dogday and myself. Soon the other children saw what was happening and started coming over. Big smiles danced on their faces as each one waited in line, it took three hours to get through all the children including the ones there were meant to be in class or asleep for nap time. I now wasn't to pupulat with the teachers at least not during school hours, which wasn't the worst thing in the world.
"Man I've never heard of Miss Delight banning someone from the school house during school hours"
He said and continued to laugh as we started walking back to the town?... the place where we all sleep and where our houses are, all in all it was a good day and Dogday said that he would put in a good word for me which made me smile and giggle a little, which made Dogday laugh more and smile but then he frowned.
"W-wh-what's wr-wrong?"
God I hated stuttering so much but I also knew that I was still getting used to having a voice box and being in this body though the stuttering was really starting to piss me off, which Dagday could see all though he didn't say anything about it.
"Oh it's nothing much Catnap... but now that you mention it there is something I've been meaning to ask you"

And that made me worry a little. Did I mess up? Am I being destroyed? Did I accidentally hurt one of the children while I was playing with them? Do the others really Hate me!?. I mean i know I heard them talking about me and how they didn't like me this morning, but. though Dogday hasn't known me that long he would get rid of be would he. He's the one that made it so I could stay and so the other critters would at least give me a chance so... so would he really, No. I don't think- believe he would.
"Why did you tell Hudson this morning that the other critters didn't like you?"
That caught me off guard

"O-oh... my he-hearing is-s b-b-bet-better th-then o-othe-others, so I c-cou-could hea-hear w-what-at y-you g-g-guys w-we-were ta-talking a-a-about th-this mo-morning"
Dogday slightly paled stopping in his tracks then slowly turned to face me, it creeped me out to see him acting like that but I suppose when you're just told that a person?, Toy?. I don't know at this point. Anyways. Tells you that yeah they could hear everything that went on during your super secret meeting about the Toy?, thats telling you they heard all this... could be kinda maybe a little weird. I think.

"You heard all of that?"
I nodded and continued to walk back to the critter town?. I'd have to ask what the town is called but for now I just wanted to get home and take everything I was wearing off and throw it in the fire... good thing I have a fireplace inside my house. An evil grin spread across my face, I knew of course that I could burn my outfit but in saying that I could watch the flames dance around and the builders of my house were kind enough to put a soft round cat bed right next to the fireplace. I didn't have any blankets so fair, so I slept in front of the fireplace last night and now I was low key obsessed with the thing.

By the time we had gotten back to my houses Dogday had said that he had something for me as a housewarming gift which I wanted to refuse but something in his eyes told me that I couldn't so I nodded and he ran off to his house which was right across from mine and came out a few moments later, a small purple box in his hands as a big goofy smile spread like butter across his warm orange face as he handed me the box and told me to open it.
"Open it please I wanna see if you like it or not"
I nodded opening the box and inside lay a neatly folded blanket with a white outline, a purple centre with gold stars and a moon on it. The blanket was obviously hand made which made it even more special. I looked up at Dogday and gave him a big hug, which he didn't see coming. Hehe