Vampire Au (pt1)

So I had this idea a while back when I first started writing this series but I held it back for a while. So here it is!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Many different types of vampires coexist  within the world. Some are averse to garlic and the sun, some have super strength and speed, some are strictly nocturnal while others don't mind being out during the day. Some need to drink frequently, while others need a pick-me-up every now and then. Some resembles undead monsters, while others are classy and charismatic. Some even turn into bats. Adora was one of them. She could be in the daylight and only needed to feed every once in a while. She never told anyone about what she was, the only ones who knew was her family (who was also vampires) and Charlie who was Alec's mate. Adora has yet to find a mate, but she did have someone in mind. Her best friend: Veneer Whitelock. But, there's one little problem. She has to somehow convince him that she's a vampire that's in love with him. On the day she decided to confess to him, she invited him over to her apartment so they could just enjoy eachother's company. She knew he didn't have anything to do that day so she knew they wouldn't be interrupted. When he arrived, she was sitting on her bed, waiting for him.

"Babe! Look! They just released the new book in the Cosmic Frontier series!" He told her.

"Veneer..."

"I just got to know if they reach the sanctuary in the wilds of the jungle planet Azalea!"

"Veneer...!"

"And if they ever find out if-"

"Ven, I'm a vampire!" She told him, stopping his rambling.

He looked at her like she was nuts. He then laughed, assuming she was joking to get his attention. It was cute.

"That's cute, gem" he said as unpacked what he bought.

She growled in annoyance. He didn't believe her. He thought she was joking. Then she got an idea. She willingly made her eyes turn red as her small fangs came out.

Veneer saw this and his heart stopped for a moment

"Y-your a vampire?" He studded as she made her eyes and fangs dissaper.

She nodded as she sat down on her bed.

"But- you walk outside when it's sunny out!" He exclaimed.

"Dude, only certain types of vampires can't be in sunlight. Luckly, I'm one of the few that can" she told him.

Veneer warily watched her pat the spot next to her. Why was he scared of her? They've been dating for two years now. If she was going to hurt him, she would've done so. He sat down next to her. But he had so many questions

"So, is your whole family like you?"

"Yeah. Charlie is the exception because he's my brother's mate."