Boat ride

"Mi amor. Where are you taking me?" I asked, giggling as I observed Leah's proud smile.

Oh, she loved it when she managed to pull surprises off. We had been driving for about an hour now. And I still had no idea where she was taking me.

Leah flashed me a mischievous grin, her eyes filled with excitement as she glanced over at me. "It's a surprise, baby," she replied playfully, her voice tinged with anticipation. "Just trust me, okay?"

"Come on. At least give me a hint or something."

Leah chuckled softly, her hands gripping the steering wheel as she navigated the winding roads with ease. "Alright, alright," she relented, her grin widening at my persistence. "I'll give you a hint. It's somewhere you've never been before, but somewhere I think you're going to love."

"That's your hint? it could literally mean anything." I huffed, rolling my eyes. Leah giggled at my reaction.

"Okay, a real hint now. It's somewhere... that's gonna remind you of home." She said, her voice carrying a hint of mystery.

As Leah's hint hung in the air, my mind raced with possibilities. Somewhere that would remind me of home? That could mean so many things. Los Angeles was so many different things.

Leah glanced over at me, a knowing smile playing on her lips as she noticed my inner turmoil. "I promise you're going to love it," she reassured, her voice soft and soothing. "Just a little while longer, babe."

I sighed softly at her words, an exaggerated pout on my face. "Fine, fine," I conceded, unable to resist Leah's infectious enthusiasm. "I trust you, mi amor. Take me wherever you want."

Leah's smile widened at my surrender. "That's my girl," she said affectionately, reaching over to squeeze my hand reassuringly.

As Leah's car continued to glide along the winding roads, my anticipation grew with every passing mile. Her enigmatic hint about the destination, coupled with her excitement, stirred curiosity within me.

Leah's eyes sparkled with anticipation as she stole glances at me, her fingers intertwined with mine most of the time.

Then, we entered a new city called Portsmouth. I didn't know its football team so I didn't know anything about it.

"Why are we here? What's in Portsmouth?" I asked Leah, peering out the window at the unfamiliar surroundings.

Leah grinned mischievously, her eyes twinkling with excitement. "Remember when I said I wanted to take you somewhere that would remind you of home?" she replied, her voice laced with anticipation.

I nodded, still puzzled by our location. "Yeah, but what does Portsmouth have to do with Los Angeles?" I asked, furrowing my brow in confusion.

Leah reached over and gently squeezed my hand, her smile warm and reassuring. "Well, babe, I know how much you love the ocean and the beach," she began, smiling widely. "So I thought we'd spend the day on the coast, here. I know it's not as glamorous as Malibu or Venice Beach, but I heard Portsmouth has its own charm."

My eyes widened in surprise and delight at Leah's thoughtful gesture. The ocean had always been a source of comfort and familiarity for me, a reminder of sunny days spent with friends playing football on the beach back home.

"Shut up. I love it."I exclaimed, unable to contain my gratitude and admiration for her thoughtful surprise, and Leah laughed at my words. "I can't believe you remembered how much I love the ocean."

Leah grinned proudly, her eyes shimmering with affection. "Of course, I remembered, babe," she replied, her voice soft and sincere. "I just want to make you happy." She said, while parking the car.