Prolouge I: Blooming Friendship

"Before you say anything, even if our parents sign that contract for this arranged marriage, I would never like you."

A tea party with the almighty Yashiro Commisioner of one in the Tri commissions, young head of Kamisato Clan, Sir Kamisato Ayato- ugh, such a pain in the ass.

You snapped out of your thoughts of random story opening. Facing the tall blue haired man sitting infront of you, with the bonding of Friend-enemy.

"Especially how toad looking you look like." He said and placed down his cup. You know he doesn't mean it, he said it to annoy you, it's coded into your friendship.

That smirk, that horrendous smirk, I will slam your head against the table and rub it gone, Kamisato Ayato.

You clenched your fist and smiled forcibly, unable to hide your popping veins.

"Well if you put it that way, mind if I slap you?" You asked. "I believe you couldn't even reach my shoulders, dwarf." Ayato said.

The grin of his is big enough to slit his face in half from ear to ear. "I'll just REMIND you, that day in Inazuma City, Kamisato." You said, nearly crushing the tea cup into pieces.

"AAAAGHHH!!!"

A young voice of a child reverberated down the streets. Tangled feet, crashing into passer-by, teary eyes that can replace waterfalls.

A perfect memory of.... being chased by a dog.

But it wasn't just a story of the young master of Kamisato being chased by a dog, it has also written the prolouge of both of your friendships.

"Pfft- is this- an actual boy? Afraid of... a dog?" You burst into laughter while sitting on the fence.

You almost rolled down and squish the poor child below you. "I'll show you!" He poinetd at you grumpily.

"No no, I'LL show you." You jumped down the fence into the dog's face. "Alright, you beast! Come at me!" You challenged the dog.

Who knew the dog attacked your leg. You screamed in pain and kicked the dog in the head. The dog did not back down and lunged to you, but your dad and his friends arrived in time and defeated the dog with a stick.

"Poor children, probably petrified." Your mother said. "Let's get you patched up okay?" She said and was about to lead you away.

"Mom what about him?" You asked. Your mother looked across her shoulder.

Great lord, out of anyone, why Kamisato Ayato??? If I bring him along and patch him up, I'll probably have alot of things to cover...

I'll need to explain why is he with me, need to send him home, how is he injured... ugh so many things.

But come to think of it, he's just a child. Haish, nevermind, if they ask questions, I'll just answer.

Your mother made up her mind and brought both of you home.

In the middle of patching, your father came home. "We have dinner for tonight!" He said, carrying the dog on his shoulder.

Dinner?! Don't tell me they are going to eat the dog!

Ayato gasped. His thoughts were interrupted by a prick of pain as your mother applied ointment on his small scratch.

"O-oh! Did it hurt you?" Your mother asked carefully. "Y-" Before Ayato could answer, you laughed in his face.

"HAHA- THE SCRATCH IS BARELY VISIBLE A-AND HAHAHAHA- WEAKLING!!!" You laughed. "I'm not weak okay?! I'm strong!" Ayato protested.

"Alright Y/N, your turn." You mother said and took your leg. The bite mark was deep and scary. Ayato felt a crawling sensation on his skin when he saw it.

After a few moments of treating, you had your hands planted on your hips. "See? I'm way tougher than you, I didn't even wince at this bite mark." You said, locking your tears in your eyes, visibly clear that you are going to cry.

"Liar, you're probably going to cry right after I leave." Ayato said. "Pfft, definitely won't." You said confidently.

Ayato poked the snow white bandage on your leg and you swiftly bursted into tears.

"Heh, you are just like me." He laughed. "Not fair! Yours was just a scratch!" You said.

"You two can talk here, I'll go cook dinner." Your mother said and left.

"Don't tell me you eat that poor dog for your dinner." Ayato said. "It is." You replied directly. He shuddered at your confirmation.

"Now tell me boy, what's your name." You asked him. "I'm Kamisato Ayato." He said. It casted a layer of frost on you as you froze in place.

"As in... from the Kamisato clan?" You asked. "Yeah, what about you?" He asked.

Taunting the Young master Kamisato Ayato... I must have a death wish... to anger the Yashiro Commisioner... I might be banned from festivals! No tasty treats anymore....

"Hey Kamisato, can I restart my attitude towards you?" You asked. "Finally scared of death?" He asked. "I- yeah." You replied.

"Heh, no." He replied, with his smile quickly dropped. "Food is here, are you two getting along well?" Your mother asked.

"Definitely." You said and poured out a bowl of dog stew. "Have some, Young master." You said, with a shade of shadow covering your face.

Placing down the bowl infront of him, he jumped from seeing the dog stew with the dog head floating on it.

"This..." he sweated and looked at the stew. "Have a taste of it." You said.

"Thank you for helping my son, you're a brave girl." Ayato's mother, Kayo praised you. You smiled proudly and accepted her praise.

"Does Miss (surname) have a job?" Kayo asked. "My husband works as a firewood supplier, I'm just an ordinary housewife." Your mother replied.

"Are you interested in working for me?" Kayo asked.

Your mother accepted her new job and you used to see Ayato everyday as long as your mother worked.

Both of you never hesitate to fight like cats and dogs meeting eachother.

Hence it started the Friend-Enemy bond.

"I hate that Y/N!" Ayato said to his mother. "Then don't go close to her." Kayo replied. "That won't do, I can't hide all my life, I must confront her somehow..." Ayato blurted out an excuse.