22

Thanks @jennymayfield1226 for the idea for this chapter!

Travis's POV

For the past week Taylor had been staying at me place, and I couldn't ask for anything more than being able to wake up next to her day after day. Today I woke up early, I wanted to make her breakfast in bed, but I can't cook for shit. So I hopped in the car and drove to my favorite restaurant. A few weeks ago she had told me about how her mom used to make Cinnamon rolls for her and her brother when she was a kid and this place fit the bill.

When I finally got back from Cinnabon I grabbed a plate and ran up to the room. I saw a lump on the bed and pulled back the blankets. But Taylor wasn't there, in  her place was a small red stain maybe the size of one of the rolls I was holding. I panicked and looked around wildly for her "Tay?" I heard a noise from bathroom followed by a small voice "shit". I jumped over the bed and knocked on the door "Tay? Can I come in?" , it took her a bit to answer  and I identified the sound of the shower "I'm so sorry Travis, I'm sorry". My heart sunk into my stomach and I slowly opened the door. She was sitting in the shower crying while still wearing her pajamas. I didn't hesitate before rushing over to her and scooping her up, taking her from the floor to the bench in the shower I gently moved her hair out of her face. "Hey beautiful, what's wrong?" She sniffed and looked away from me, "Im so sorry, I ruined your sheets, I can buy you knew ones, I'm so so sorry." I grabbed her and hugged her and never wanted to let her go, "Tay, you did nothing wrong, you didn't ruin anything. I love you" I squeezed her as she kept crying and apologizing "You did nothing wrong". 

I was eventually able to clean her up and get her out of the shower, well, sorta, we were sitting on the bench but I had her in my arms and slowly stroked her arm. She kept asking me not to be mad but I was, not at her, I could never be mad at her especially for this my mama raised me. I was mad at whom ever made her feel like she needed to apologize to me for a small stain on old sheets. "Tay, what's going on. Why are you so upset?" I felt her tense but waited patiently for her to respond, and she finally did, in a soft voice. "In the past, my ex was a huge germaphobe, he always talked about disgusting periods were," she sat up and I could tell this was hard for her so I let her finish "when I was on my period at his house he made me sleep in the guest room and would lay down a plastic fucking sheet for me to sleep on, for six fucking years.". I snagged her hand from where she was angrily waving it and kissed it. "But your here now, and a normal bodily function it nothing to be ashamed of, I love you, and if you want to stay cuddled up in our bed every day for a week I will do anything you need." I could see her chew on the inside of her cheek, she didn't believe me. "Taylor, I love you" she looked away but I placed my finger under her chin to make her meet my eyes. "I love you. Anything you need I am here" I guided her hand to my chest right over my heart, "my heart is yours Tay," she hugged me "I love you Trav, I do have something that I need.

I had no regrets about my offer to Taylor, no regrets, this was exactly what I repeated in my head as I stood in the feminine hygiene aisle in sunglasses and a hat re-reading Taylors texts. I eventually panicked and called the only person I trusted to help me

What's up Trav?

Ky, I need help

What did you do?

Nothing, but Tay sent me in a little errand and I'm a bit lost.

You buying tampons aren't you I cringed but said yes

What kind do I get, there are so many, and does the color matter, and why the fuck are there different sizes. 

I heard her laugh over the phone.

 It's not funny, I need help. She finally stopped laughing and responded.

After the longest time ever of me standing awkwardly in the isle listening to Kylie I finally made it to the self checkout, I had grabbed some candy, ice cream and chips. 

"Honey, I'm home." I slammed the door shut with my foot, she came bounding down the stairs with a small smile but paused when she saw me. "What did you get."  I put all of the of the bags down on the counter and began to present. 

I got 4 different kinds of pads, all the different types of tampons and 6 bags of snacks. It made her smile and I gently kissed her, "Thank you Travis, I really appreciate this, it means a lot.

We had a lazy day, we spent the day on the couch, I eventually had to go to practice but first I made sure that she was all set with everything she would need while I was gone.

——————

Practice was hard, I knew we had a reason, as we entered the post season Andy was working our asses off. We had a water break and I was talking to Rashee, in the last few games the running bet had been which one of us would put up more yards, he had been kicking my ass and I was beginning to enjoy the rivalry we created.

The drop problems we had been having was the focus of our practice, and that meant up and down, turn and catch. Up and down, turn and catch on a loop for 2 hours. Then we just had conditioning, which was just up and down, no more turn and catch. I missed turn and catch. But the end of practice finally came and I just wanted to lay down on the grass and go to bed. But I hustled into the locker room despite my desire and took a quick shower. 

When I finally made my way home I was reminded why it had all been worth it because I saw my girl cuddled up on the couch napping while greys anatomy played in the background. I kissed her cheek and laid a blanket over top of her and went to get a snack.

Hope you enjoy reading, all the views, votes, and comments are so awesome and I appreciate you guys so much.